Yamabushi no Orry (Sept 2015)

Comments

• AH! Brother Orry! I have little sis Kona :) MAN Orry is handsome, and by the looks of it you are taking him on so many adventures! Looks like he's having the time of his life :D And i agree with everyone, his coloring is GORGEOUS.
  • Wow. Orry looks great! Way bigger than Ginko haha! Of course I have learned that most dogs look bigger in pictures.
  • @nrmorris do you have pictures up of Ginko?! :D
  • @mdokic Thanks! I checked out Kona on your post. She looks super cute and seems to have a nice, spunky little personality. I love tracking Orry's siblings so I'll be following her as well.

Orry does get a lot of adventures, and he can now run circles around me. It seems like after he hit 6 months, he became fast...like extremely fast. This dog can run. I'm sure Kona's the same way, judging by what I've seen of her.

@mrmorris I think Orry definitely looks a lot bigger in pictures, which is true of most Kai in my opinion. I haven't weighed him for a while, but I think he's pretty average size for the KKA standard. Hope Ginko is doing well.
  • @MontanaKai Oh yes. I think if there's one thing pups got from this litter is SPEED! When we take kona to the big dog park and she feels like the 8 dogs who are all up in her grill are too much, she TAKES off, non of them can catch her and she's at the other end of the park with this smirk like "hehehe dweeebs" :P
  • Yeah, these Kai Ken are fast--I suspect they all are, but of course I'm experienced with the Ayu pups.....super fast dogs. Leo loves racing around and having the Akita chase him.

Orry is gorgeous!
  • I've been in the process of switching careers over the past several months, so I haven't kept up to date with the Orry spam. Finally, over the holiday weekend, I found some time to get tons of pics.

We brought him up to a lake property, and he did awesome...didn't wander off, met lots of other dogs, and was generally well behaved. He had a bit of an attitude around a young female pup, but other than that he did great! Oh, and he's blowing his coat now like crazy!

P1000483

Can't keep him from eating sticks!

He knows he's in trouble at this point lol.

• Thanks for sharing, love the updates!
  • my god is he handsome....

<3 Orry! His brindle is unbelievable...he looks great!!!

• Yes.. his brindle! Orry is VERY handsome!! Kind of a manly pretty boy! :)
  • he looks esp like his dad in pic #3. Nio's eye, ear, brow really comes out in his pups.
  • AH!! Big brother haha! He really is handsome...SO studly! ;) Kona definitely has a stick addiction as well...I wonder if they got that from Nio haha. Thanks for the updates, he looks super happy! <3
  • Thanks all!

@thegela haha, he's such a manly pretty boy...that's a great way to describe him all around. He shows a little grit, but then quickly reverts to prancing around like he's too cool lol. Love him and his personality!

@WrylyBrindle I thought the same thing about pic #3. I love the intense Nio eyes, but it's a difficult look to capture in photos. That one got it though. Nio, and Ayu of course, produce some amazing pups!

@mdokic Yes, the stick obsession continues for Orry. He still chews a lot, and I think it will be a while before he gives it up...such an addict! At least it's a relatively manageble issue though.
  • He looks great! What a handsome boy!!
  • He is such a beautiful boy! I love how all the owners of Nio babies can find similarities in looks, personality and habits.
  • Orry looks so handsome! The stick obsession continues in Shelby as well. Does orry or kona pack things around all the time too? Shelby is a sock thief especially, but she's a terrible criminal. She knows she isn't supposed to have them, and when I see her with one she drops it and pretends I never saw her with it. The only problem is that she drops it at my feet! Silly girl!
  • Man, Orray is VERY handsome!
  • He's great looking! What a handsome guy!

Leo also loves sticks. And also, still, likes the ladies very much. :)
  • Omg...@Myabee09 YES with the theivery! And she does it so stealthily (waits till you're out of the room and never loses sight of the object she wants to steal, most of the time socks, or paper towel, napkin, towel, etc...), then once she gets it PRANCES around...and when i catch her she does the same thing as Shelby!!! she drops it and acts SO innocent, like "i didnt do anythiiiing ;) ". I think @MontanaKai said the same about Orry as well! :P
  • Omg...@Myabee09 YES with the theivery! And she does it so stealthily (waits till you're out of the room and never loses sight of the object she wants to steal, most of the time socks, or paper towel, napkin, towel, etc...), then once she gets it PRANCES around...and when i catch her she does the same thing as Shelby!!! she drops it and acts SO innocent, like "i didnt do anythiiiing ;) ". I think @MontanaKai said the same about Orry as well! :P
    Yep, Leo does exactly the same thing!
  • Wow he's handsome! Like practically everyone else has said, his brindle is gorgeous!
  • Why are Kais so mischievous LOL!!! :P
  • Aww. I kind of love the stuff Shelby gets in to! She does her tail around in circles when she gets excited about making mischief, so I know that "helicopter butt" means to go looking in her mouth or in her kennel.

We just need to teach them to steal our slippers and give them back to us on command. I know it's fetch for most dogs, but I think it would be funny for the command to be "steal" lol!
  • LOL that would be so awesome!! xP
  • Thanks again all! Orry is super handsome, and he's also a really good dog. We couldn't be happier with him.

But yes, he's still very mischievous and absolutely loves to steal, just as @mdokic mentioned. I'm not sure whether he'll ever grow out of it....such a klepto!
  • Im glad you noted that Orry is blowing coat! His brother Matsu's coat is all chunky style, he seems to me like a small buffalo...
  • It's so interesting about the Kai thievery! I wonder why they seem to like it so much? It's one of Leo's favorite things to do. Lately, I've been finding toys or pieces of cardboard and putting them on a chair, knowing full well he will "steal" them, but he takes such pleasure in it, and the same toy that would be utterly of no interest on the floor is wonderfully desirable if "stolen."
  • Lol! I have to do a daily kennel check of Shelby's kennel to make sure she hasn't stolen anything that could be harmful. Now I'm having to do it with my chihuahua, who seems to be learning from Shelby and stealing ink pens and hiding them in her kennel! Such sneaky little girls!
  • Hahaha are they tag-teaming?! :P
  • No, Sophie pleasantly ignores everything and everyone except for me. Typical chihuahua I guess, but she watches everything that happens around her. I guess she decided a life of crime was the thing to pursue in her golden years... I'm just glad that Shelby and Mya only tag team when playing, otherwise I'd never find anything! Took me 10 minutes to find my slippers last night!