Kishu Ken "Kishin"

Comments

• @jikjak - Yep, he is really that white. Right now anyway, he will probably cream as he ages (I'm guessing).

@TheWalrus - Me too. Gen and I have some plans in the works, and I am a lot closer to him now.

----

My new favorite Kishin picture...

Kishin (Kishu Ken)

----
  • I can see why you like the picture he looks cute. :)
  • Just like his Dad, taro howles all the time and looks exactly like that. Can't wait till we get stuff going on training that boy to hunt.
  • Love it! That picture is great.
  • are you still going to put together some sort of nihon ken hunting training?
  • Handsome boy!
  • Kishin is such a handsome dude :) I love how studly he is compared to his sister haha ~
  • Here's a cute video of Kishin and our current Kai Ken litter...

----
  • That's a great vid, kishu males (at least the ones I know) are great with little puppies. Gental and playful but never too rough or aggressive. Kishin's a great dog.
  • Kishin! I love seeing videos or pictures of him. He always seems so gentle with the other dogs; very socially aware. :)
  • kishin is such a good dog!
  • That's a great video! That poor pup running face first into the pen haha, and Ayu's like "I need a break, you can have them!". They're incredibly fast and Kishin looks like a great puppy mentor.
  • A few new pics of Kishin from our hike the other day...

Kishin

Kishin

Kishin

----
  • edited November 2012
    He is SO handsome! He doesn't have that puppy awkward look anymore. :)

Is he a good trail buddy?
  • He is such a handsome boy!
  • Thanks! :o)

@Crispy - He is a great trail dog, tho we really need to work on his recall.
  • He is looking good!!!
  • He really matured nicely!
  • Wow... he is gorgeous!
    I love the picture of him in the truck =)
  • Man he's really handsome. Very filled out and rugged looking now.
  • A realy a beautiful dog!! How old? How tall is he? Is it import from Japan? And also the nature is beautiful. Where is it?
  • Kishin is almost a year old and he's the only male pup born from my two kishus. Brad will have to give you the details on his hight, etc. he really has the old kishu look that I really like (larger ears, larger facial muscles, bigger eyes, etc).
  • @Lenka - Thanks! Kishin is a great dog, he lives here with 20 other dogs and gets along with them all. He is a bit hard headed, but I think that's to be expect from his boar-hunting lines. :o) I took his weight yesterday, he is 45.5 pounds (20.6 kilograms). I'll have to measuer his height, but if I had to guess I would say he is 20" (51cm). I dunno if you know about Gen's Kishu ( @shishiinu ), but Kishin's parents are both imports.

As for the location, that's right out in my backyard here in Flagstaff, AZ! :o)

----
  • edited November 2012
    Sorry Brad for chiming in first, I'm just really proud of my dogs for producing kishin, Kirin, dragoon, and Cali.
  • No worries at all Gen. I would be too!
  • Those are some really great pics @brada1878 great scenery. He's a really good looking dog!
  • Very interesting to read all about the Kishu. I like Kishin very much. What does mean the name Kishin? I see all of you are from USA. How many Kishu there are in USA? cca. 51 cm is good size. My Ken ichi has 50cm. Maika 47cm. What do you think about my Kishu? Are they also the old Kishu? What is difference between the "old" and "new" Kishu? I have both dogs also imported from Japan. Actually it is very difficult to import them. Can you send me a pedigree of Kishin please? What is a pitty you leave so far. :-) Brad you have 20 dogs? Me just 8. :-) What dogs you have?
  • Can somebody sent me the information (just to compare) howmuch fpr cpsts Kishu in USA? you can send it on my email : dvorakova233@seznam.cz
    Thanks a lot.