XS for a shikoku harness?

Comments

• Actually, your pup should be fine. I consider Kurenai pretty big for a female and she's got a 22" girth. Unless Ghost gets a really deep chest, I'll be surprised if he goes over 30". Then again, you did say he comes from a big papa.

Jesse
  • i guess only time will tell, i just measured his girth now and hes at 22.5"
  • I bought a small Palisades at Cabelas today for $70, so this looks like it might be a bigger than just one store sale. If you've got one near you, I'd go check to see if the Palisades is on sale where you are. It barely fits Conker and kinda drowns him with the packs so he is definitely an XS (unfortunately the Palisades doesn't come in XS), but I have another dog I can use it with.
    I've actually got a XS Approach II for Conker that I hacked the packs off of and made my own version of a Palisades... So I kinda solved that problem. The harness is the older version though, but I still think he wears an XS in the current one.
  • There's no Cabelas near me in SoCal :-(.

Jesse
  • None here in FL either...We have Bass Pro / Outdoor World, but no sales on ruffwear stuff :\ ~
  • If things get dire, I may ask for a forumite who lives near one to hook me up...:-P

Jesse
  • haha, that's not a bad idea at all Jesse! Man, Ruffwear is so expensive, it really is annoying for a store to have such an amazing deal, & not be able to run it & cash in on it! ~
  • I want a forumite to hook me up, too! Hook us all up! Who wants to volunteer?
  • Mind you, I'll send the money first....any takers?

Jesse
  • haha, throw me in with Heidi & Jesse! I need 2! ~
  • Me too, I want to get one for Tikaani...I have a paypal account ;)
  • LOL....and in a span of 30 min...things got dire...hahaha!
  • I'll raise the stakes higher. I don't mind throwing in a small commission for the person who gets me the harnesses! LOL

Come on guys! You can MAKE money this way!! LOL ~
  • My thinking was that since it is almost at the tightest and he still has growing to do that you might need to upgrade.

I think their sizing chart or quality control might be off. Inu has a medium approach pack and fits well but he has a girth of 24in, not 26-36 as their charting shows.

He is on the taller end at 22in, not buff, but athletic at 35lbs. Now that he is 2 years old, I am going to start putting a little muscle on him.

A cell phone pic
  • Haha! If I hadn't gotten the last one at the Cabelas I was at today, I'd totally do it for you all. I can check again in a couple days to see if they have more but didn't have them out, and if they do, I will grab them. But there's only one here in Arizona, and I don't know if the sale will still be on at the end of the year/next year when I'll be back in Oregon or I'd hop up to Springfield and check there.
  • edited December 2011
    Not as cheap as Cabela's, but they're for sale here for $94.99 http://www.backcountryk9.com/95/Products.aspx [ with free shipping ] ~
  • edited December 2011
    I have a cabela's near me open til ten tonight, they have 4-5 blue and red small, they are clearanced at $69, let me know ASAP. sorry I forgot to ask about other sizes,
  • edited December 2011
    If there are any mediums available of the Palisades, I'll take one
  • Jessika! I'll take one of each at small. I will PM you for payment details. It's both harness and water pack right?

Jesse
  • edited December 2011
    ok, I called the store back here is the info the 1-208-777-6300

small (2) red-$69
    (2) blue-$79

medium and large blue only $79

They clearanced out the red, You can call the store, pay with card over the phone and they will ship to you. Idaho sales is 6.25%,

so you can probably call any Cabela's in the country and one closer to you, the other stores might have better inventory does that sound like a better idea?

http://www.cabelas.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=CallUs

• Found the red palisades small for 61.95 and 8.95 shipping. I have never ordered from this site so I cannot recommend them. You might want to do a little research before ordering from them.

http://www.ultrapaws.com/Palisades-II-Dog-Pack-by-Ruffwear/productinfo/990A/
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    usually u can mail order from cabelas but it looks like it is sold out online. perhaps you can try calling a store directly and then see if they will ship it to you. heres a link to a list of stores.

http://www.cabelas.com/stores/stores_home.jsp

there were a few left at the lacey, wa branch that i visited a few days ago. unfortunately its about 3 hours away and a border crossing from where i live, but if i end up going there again i will give you guys a heads up. i called them up and it seems like they only have the palisades in small now but they have the approach in large. the approach doesnt seem to be on sale but on the website they have the portage float coat on sale for 25 bucks.

for those of you that have a cabelas nearby, make sure that the 2 water pouches are inside. some of the ones i saw only had one water pouch. i hope nothing else is missing!

@the_november_rain - i see what you mean. that medium looks like a perfect fit, i hope this thing will still fit him when he is full grown.
  • if anyone finds a medium please let me know as well. :)
  • I'll take two smalls! Or order them from that ultra paws place.
  • I got a hold of them. They are saying with hydration pack, it's $114.00 (still a deal), and without it's 69.99.

Jesse
  • edited December 2011
    The Palisades doesn't come in blue, only red. I think the blue ones are the Approach which does not have a detachable pack or hydration thing. The prices make more sense if that's the case with those since the Approach is usually $70-80.
  • edited December 2011
    at $69.88, it has the one bladder. The product is being discontinued, hence the sale...and yet, the ruffwear.com website says it should have 2....buyer beware I guess when you ask about it.

Bought it from Idaho. BOOM! done.

UPDATE: Those Idahoans sure are nice. They checked the two products and noticed that one of the Palisades only had the pack and not the harness (they think someone just came in and stole it). So they gave me an Approach pack for the 69.88 price and threw in the hydration system.

Jesse
  • Well, from the description at Ultra Paws, it seems like that's the real Palisades pack. Should I go for it and order two?