my shiba warning me, don't hold my paws!

edited July 2012 in Shiba Inu (柴犬)
Photobucket

I have better focused ones but this one is cool looking.

Comments

• I can't click on it as a link and it doesn't appear as a picture. D:
  • The second try worked I had a hard time scrolling to copy on my BB 3G phone.
  • woha that is one angry looking shiba :D
  • Ya funny though cuz that's as far as he will go... Well he will nip at me, or grab hold of my fingers but he will not actually bite down on me. I think it all started with a couple bad visits to a groomer. But he sure does look vicious.
  • That's one uncomfortable Shiba. You've got your work cut out for you to get him to be desensitized to his paws being held (even by you).

Jesse
  • If I tell him the command be good he will let me hold his paws for a few minutes, then I say be good and get a few more. But it is kind like playing fetch he will tug on the ball till I say release, then he let's go so I can throw it again.
  • Demon dog.

• Famous shiba or satan video!

Saya's submission for demon dog face :D
    Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Saya does great being handled everywhere checked on the paws and between the pads. She gets checked twice a day and gets yummy treat for being good. :)

Shiba can be a handful at time they needs lots of training and desensitization to handling.

Sad it happened after the groomers, maybe they gotten the quick or close to it or just scared him somehow..

Anyways the shiba inu or satan video is the dog doing it like a trick or pissed off?

I know for movies they train the wolves or wolf dog to snarl on command for the movies.. I don't know much on that though.
  • Those pictures are cool, it is fun to catch those on a fast camera, when you realize that they are not actually gonna hurt each other. At first I was freaking out oh no they are gonna kill each other! But when I stopped fearing that. I started taking picture of their disagreements. I have more kinda like yours, when I get to a computer I will share them. Tachi's mom was a black and tan.
  • edited July 2012
    Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

here is another video.