Instant stress reduction picture

edited July 2010 in General

I can't bring myself to close the browser tab that is pointed to this Fennec Fox.

Please give me a reality check before I lapse into the intervention zone: owning wild animals is bad, right? Because domestication is actually an inherently cruel process, you can never take care of them as well as they could take care of themselves in the wild, there is more danger, need to confine them to a crate, etc etc.

Also these guys live in the bone-dry desert, no way they'd ever be really comfortable in my part of the US, and despite the fact that there are a couple dozen breeders in the US these people should not be supported with my money, they thnik they have good intentions but what they are really doing is wrong. Right?

Because these are the CUTEST species of mammal ever to walk the earth. I defy you to show me a cuter animal. I should be a good judge of this, I own a Kishu. :)

Comments

• edited November -1
    Aww <3

I hear they make horrible pets, comparable to monkeys if not worse.
  • edited November -1
    Thanks!
  • edited November -1
    OMG that IS the cutest animal I've ever seen! Jeez what a pair of Bambi eyes! ;o)
  • edited November -1
    They ARE adorable... But are MUCH MUCH MUCH cuter in their natural habitat! :)
  • edited November -1
    I'm dying of cuteness! I didn't even know of these adorable pets, but don't go all Paris Hilton on us and get an exotic pet. he he he
  • edited November -1
    I am going to buy about a hundred feenc foxes and not feed them, so they get very hungry and turn on me, killing and eating me. That's how I want to die.
  • edited November -1
    Cliff I hope you plan on having a closed casket funeral.
  • edited November -1
    haha!
  • edited November -1
    Watch out then, you'll give the poor things a terrible rep as killer machines!
  • edited November -1
    .....I took all the ammunition out of my guns as soon as I saw that photo.....
  • edited November -1
    Gen, that cracked me up!

I think the fennecs are the cutest thing ever, and had about the exact same reaction: OMG I must get one, even though I know having a wild animal is a bad idea, etc etc. Even went as far as finding breeders and checking the laws in NM (can't have them without a permit). Then reality intruded in my fantasy, and I gave up. Mostly it was thinking about the Shibas going huh, what's that? Something to eat?

But very very cute!
  • edited November -1
    I showed the picture to Maymay and she says she'd eat it even if it is so darn cute. She wants it to run through the backyard, so she can play chase with it. She was a little disappointed in you Gen. She can usually expect your posts to support her love of hunting. She's shaking her head right now at the thought of you laying down your gun.
  • edited November -1
    .....I took all the ammunition out of my guns as soon as I saw that photo.....

I think I just died laughing. ~