Famous Kishu Ken Hunting Lines

Please educate me on this. I know about some of the famous Kishu hunting lines, but not all. I'd like to know more as I select a mate for Kishin...

So, can someone tell me about the different famous (or not famous) Kishu Ken hunting lines? Like, where are they from? Why are they called what they're called? Are they still around? What's the history behind them?

I'd really like to know more. Unfortunately, this info is not very accessible to a non-Japanese reader.

So far I know a little about the Hosoda line, and I've met Kondo-san, so I know about his work... I've also heard of the Miyama line too, but know very little about them.

Help me, please?

Comments

• Ooh, this is interesting! I'd like to learn too!
  • I guess I should tag @TheWalrus and @shishiinu in this thread...
  • Can't wait to read the responses. I would love to know about them as well.
  • There's the Shino line out there now, but I haven't seen any with papers.
    Hanaoka-san would be the one to ask about Kishu lines.
  • Ok, then I'll ask Hanaoka-san and then post the info here...
  • edited December 2013
    I posted this on the FB kishu thread but here's a few lines that I know still exist and/or are still around but in small numbers.

Hosoda line (Baron and Taro)
    Shino (rare now and small in numbers)
    Ryujin (from the village of Ryujin)
    Hidaka
    Kumano (Kishus from the kumano region)
    Miyama

Most of these lines of dogs are from the Nara, wakayama area. There's also a small but known lines of Yushoku kishu in the Gunnma prefecture (Gunnma is supposed to be the second home of the Kishu ken)
  • @shishiinu - Thanks Gen!

Could you do me a favor and provide the kanji for each line too? I'd like to do some searching around for historical information...