A Gaggle of Hokkaido Puppies

I finally got around to editing some of the video I took of the Hokkaido pups that have been occupying my house #occupyhokkaido

I wrote a blog post about Hokkaido puppies as well http://nihonken.blogspot.jp/2013/07/a-gaggle-of-hokkaido-puppies.html

Comments

• They are adorable! I'm thinking of maybe getting a Hokka someday... Probably.
  • Oh man. That makes me want one.
  • @Losech @tjbart17 Do it. :)

@TheWalrus Thank you for the video!
  • Someone in North America needs to get a female. Maybe someone with experience breeding/showing??
  • Ahem, I would love a brindle ;)
  • I would have jumped on that, but the Shikoku have gotten my attention first hahaha (I show in AKC and FCI) gotta love living between Europe and America my whole life ;)
  • I would also like Lindsay to have a brindle. :)
  • I want Lindsay to have a brindle, too. ;)
  • Anyone want to go halvsies with me?
  • Lindsay needs to get a Hokka!

If I had more disposable income right now, I'd go in with you Lindsay!
  • If I had space, I would would get one or even a pair. I could have alot of fun showing them.
  • In UKC and the Classic right? Are Hokka able to be shown in Canada?

Space is at a premium here also, for now at least as long as I keep all my dogs as house dogs.
  • Yep, UKC, IABCA and Classic. Not sure about in Canada. I need a year or so before I will have space. I keep everyone as house dogs, but 4 really is my limit in my current location.
  • @lindsayt By halvsies do you mean like co-own? Just making sure I understand. I am open to the idea of this, though I'm a bit of an ignoramus when it comes to showing (read: total novice who knows practically nothing about showing a dog). It depends a little on timing and some other factors, but I would certain be willing to discuss it.
  • lol, do it Lindsay!!!
  • I'm still hoping to get a female hokkaido at the end of this year or early next year! :)
  • @lindsayt - I think we discussed this a couple of years ago! :) I would absolutely love to import a female Hokkaido, but things are still a little iffy with Nola, so it will be some time before I can responsibly bring in a third dog.
  • @thegela I hope you do get a Hokkaido. :) I would have to come visit, though, lol.

@sunyata I hope once things are more stable I hope you can get a Hokkaido.
  • @whobitme

You are close to Portland, right?

I would be willing to split costs (halvsies) of bringing a female over here and of health testing, whelping, etc. The dog wouldn't have to live with me, or it could just live with me for whelping a litter, and then go back to a home with less dogs when the litters are placed, or whatever works best for all parties, etc. Nothing is set in stone :)
  • Love the blog post. :)

I'd love a Hokkaido someday, but not right now.

I do love the look and what I've read about the breed.