Had to Say Goodbye Today :(

edited February 2013 in Other Breeds
My Finnish Lapphund had to be euthanized today. She was 12--a good long life, though on the short end of the average scale for the breed. She was my first dog, my childhood dog (and friend), and very much a heart dog for me, and I'm going to miss her greatly.

She got sick quickly and worsened quickly, and after talking with the vet I felt I made an informed decision. Obviously, I'm still bawling my eyes out, but I know I did the best I could for her.

These pictures were taken at the end of December:
One
Two

U-CD U-AGII GRCH Finale Zazzza Emmee Loo, CGC. 2 legs on AKC CD, 1 leg on AHBA HCT, 20 U-ACH points.

28 August 2000 - 23 February 2013

Goodbye, my friend.

Comments

• I'm sorry for your loss. It's always hard to say goodbye and you did what was right was right by her.

She looks totally at home in her element, there. :)
  • So sorry to hear about your loss. I saw you comment on Hiro's thread, but did not realize it was that soon for you.
  • So sorry for your loss. It's a hard thing to do but you gave her a good life and she is in a better place now. God bless
  • I am so sorry for your loss. It is very hard to lose a beloved pet and friend. I'm so sorry :(
  • Sorry for your lost I love the pictures I bet she was a great pet for you. I've lost many pets it is never fun. :\

• Sorry for your loss :(
  • so very sorry. :(
  • So sorry to hear it. She was a beautiful girl. :(
  • Thanks guys! I love those pictures of her because not only was she actually in coat (always makes for prettier pictures :P), but also that she simply did love the snow. As she got older she didn't engage in so much of the snow-sillies, but she obviously still loved it.

Oddly, in some ways I think I'm going to miss some of the things like... stealing tomatoes and showing up with a potato in her mouth from who-knows-where as much as the "good dog" things. Well, and the helicopter tail when she smelled a mouse! She was always a far better mouser than the cat, lol.
  • I'm so sorry! I have my first dog and can only imagine what going through that in the future will be like... She certainly was a beautiful companion :)
  • May she always remain beautiful, elegant, loving, and cherished in your memories. Rest in peace.
  • So sorry to hear this. It's always rough. Allow yourself time to grieve.
  • So sorry to hear the news.
  • So sorry to hear this. She must have had a wonderful life with you.
  • Sorry for your loss :(
  • I'm sorry. It's just always so hard to say goodbye.
  • So sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is one of the hardest things to do. :(
  • Sorry for your loss :( I bet she was a wonderful friend.
  • A toast to friends past, may we never forget.
  • I'm so sorry :( ~
  • If it Should Be...

If it should be that I grow frail and weak, And pain should keep me from my sleep,

Then you must do what must be done - For this last battle can't be won.

You will be sad, I understand; Don't let your grief then stay your hand.

For this day more than all the rest, Your love and friendship stand the test.

We've had so many happy years, What is to come can hold no fears.

Would you want me to suffer so? When the time comes, let me go!

Take me where my needs they'll tend. Only stay with me until the end.

And hold me firm and speak to me, until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time that you will see it is a kindness that you do for me.

Although my tail its last has waved, From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Do not grieve. It has to be you who must decide this thing to do.

We’ve been so close, we two, these years. Don’t let your heart hold any tears.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • I'm so sorry :(