Kitora - New SPAM - 1-9-13

edited January 2013 in Kai Ken (甲斐犬)
Here are pics of the lovely Kitora "Ki" at 5 months old. What a wonderful family oriented dog. She is doing superb at socializing and even met a Shiba Inu yesterday at Petco. They had a lot to talk about. Amazing how there are certain characteristics that even dogs pick up on that make them more readily comfortable with certain breeds vs others!!
Hopefully, these pics show how wonderfully she is starting to brindle all ready. The markings on her front legs are superb, and her tail is really getting nice, nice nice and full!!
Kai Ken "Kitora", 5 months
She has such a great character and temperment. I need to get a better camera so that I can take pictures of the action around here. My favorite is when she ninja attacks the 65lb husky mix and then ruuuuns like crazy!!
Thanks for letting me share!!
Cara

Comments

• It's RED! =P Lol my nickname for her when she lived with me. =) Called each of the girls by the color of their collar. She looks so big now! She's such a pretty girl! I'm so glad she has a wonderful home!
  • She looks so cute! Saya has same type dog bowl. :)
  • Thanks!! Well, at least her collar is still in the same color family!! My daughter has to have EVERYTHING pink!! lol She also picked her name.... I liked the name on her transport papers from her breeder in Japan though..."Yume".... I'll just have to tuck that into my hat for the next one...lol "Ki" seems to fit her and her personality.. something that can not always be defined...lol
    And yes!! She is growing like a weeeeed! Can't believe how quickly they change and grow. I need to get an exact weight on her....
  • She's beautiful! What a cute little Kai.
  • Thanks!!
  • Beautiful! It is so fun to watch them grow into themselves.
  • Congrats! She's adorable
  • Wow she's beautiful! That face in the first picture is adorable :) I hope you post more as she grows, congrats!

Camera tip: don't use the flash if you can help it. Open a window or get some area lighting going on, and since she's so dark get the sun shining close to directly on her or 45 degree angle, even a poor quality camera will shoot great photos, it's all in the lighting!
  • Cool! Thanks for the great tips!!!! I'm not a camera operator by any means...lol, I always cross my fingers and pray for a good candid shot!!! haha
    I will definitely keep updated pics... we will be doing agility classes this summer so there should be some good ones there, I hope!! :o) And of course hiking and camping!
  • Welcome :)!
  • shes a little beauty!
  • She's got her dad's tail :)
  • I think her brindle looks a lot like his also :o)
  • I thought the kid looked familar! She is the Kai puppy that DIDN'T growl at Kotomi, lol. Congrats and welcome to the forum! Kitora is lovely.
  • So, I have to say that Kitora is absolutely beautiful to me. I love her look and everything about her... especially this quality:

Photobucket

Wouldn't trade her for anything!
  • One more, was falling asleep with her head up last night. Kunai isn't the only one getting wore out!! lol

Photobucket
  • Very beautiful! And super cute.
  • She is absolutely beautiful! Great pictures :)
  • She's adorable. She kind've has a "Koda" type look to her. I really like that type.
  • Wooow she's grown so much! She really is a beautiful pup, her face is very slender and pretty, awesome spam :)
  • I really like her eyes !! She's so cute !!
  • Kitora is lovely. Do you have a Kunai thread yet? I want to see him too, or both of them together!
  • I've been out of touch for a bit but here is some long overdue spam of the ever beautiful Kitora... We love her more every day!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As you can see the affinity for children is no lie. They love Makinzie with all their hearts.... even when she just being a 4 year old...lol <3

I have more but I'll put them under Kunai!

Great to be back on the radar again! Hope all of you are well :o)

• So pretty! she looks really good!
  • Thank you!!! Her temperament is so so wonderful! We are getting a really good idea of it now that she is out of adolescence for the most part. Here is how I described her to Jen as well:
    Still LOVE her! Her biggest problem through her "adolescence" was her lack of boundaries - it wasn't anything typical that I've ever dealt with. It was more like she just thought the world revolved around her and very innocently couldn't understand why we were saying differently (to put it in human terms, haha). There is no lack of trust from her - she's probably the most trusting dog and very non-fearful! She'll boof boof at people she hasn't met before but with a small introduction (or if they are invited into the house) she settles right in. Actually, if they are invited into the house they are immediately welcomed. She has come out of her "trying" phase and is really impressing us with her willingness to learn and do what is expected. She is great, weighs in at a trim 33 lbs and is ~17". Makinzie can walk her on the leash with us along and they do SO great together. Ki will stay right with her walking running turning ... they are doing great together! Just what we hoped for!
  • She's very pretty.
  • Thanks for posting more pictures nice to see how your dogs are doing. :)

I hope see more pictures.

Saya my shiba loves kids too. She seems interested in them more then adults. hehe

• Thanks guys :o) I'll try to keep more active again. The hardest part of my pregnancy seems to be behind me so I "should" be able to keep up, lol! 22 weeks and counting!!
    I really want to get more pics of our daughter working with Ki. The are such a great pair! Ki goes with to pick Kinz up from preschool and it's squeals all the way to the car... KI!! KI!!! :op Makes a mama's heart happy!
  • wow... She is maturing to look a lot different from her sister. That's neat! She's very pretty!