Kai escape-proof fencing?

2»

Comments

• edited February 2012
    @Crimson02 ha ha that was Chibi! She was so cute! Oh whoops guess it was ChoCho.
  • Oh, was there a video of Chibi escaping? I can't keep track of all the videos...
  • @brada1878
    In my memory the fence she climbed seemed taller than 4 foot, but I might be mistaken...
  • edited February 2012
    @brada1878 I do believe so. I remember Chibi pics and vids very well. She was adorable. It was the fence that went into the second yard. She had no respect for that fence at all.
  • edited February 2012
    yeah, I definitely remembered a Kai...I'm going to go dig that thread up...

Booyah!
    Found it:
    http://www.nihonken.org/forum/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/119676/#Comment_119676
  • Ah just found the video I was talking about, but I looked more closely and realized that the part Haru jumps is not as tall as the rest XD My mistake...

It's in this thread: http://www.nihonken.org/forum/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/121956/#Comment_121956
  • Our fence is short (only 4.5' in one spot, 5' at the tallest) and our yard is tiny. Neither dog jumps it. Sosuke likes to dig, but he digs under the deck for laying in or putting things in rather than under the fence to escape.

I think the dogs could escape from our yard easily, but they don't. Actually, once, I was just outside the fence and the pups were in the yard. Sosuke likes to stay with me wherever I go, so he wanted to join me outside the fence, and he reached up, put his paws at the top of the fence, and started pulling himself up. He was there teetering at the top and then I went back in the fence and he stopped trying to get out.
  • OMG! @hondru posted! :oP ... Now you MUST share Sosuke pictures!
  • @hondru My fence is very similar to that. Quite short, easily climbed, but the dogs stay inside. Never had a problem with them climbing it though, and there was one point where Juneau would get through the gate and "guard" the house from people, but that's been fixed.
    I am still pretty sure though, that if Conker really wanted to, he could get out with not much of a problem.
  • Thanks for sharing your experiences, I'm somewhat calmer now ;)

Seems like a good, "regular" fence will do, at least until I figure out if my future kai is an escape artist ;P