Give Your Opinion: Is This a Fight?

13»

Comments

• Great stories! :o)
  • The last time I was at the dog park one of two huge malamutes bit a golden retriever and dragged it on the ground till the owner of the malamute grabbed him. Haven't taken Toshi back since but I think it happened cause the golden retriever was the newest dog in the park, right after coming in the retrievers owner threw a ball for the golden retriever, not sure if the malamute felt the golden retriever was over stepping his boundaries too fast maybe. From what the retrievers owner said there were no major injuries.
  • And yet another story to illustrate why dog parks are a bad idea.
  • edited July 2012
    Those pictures look a lot like Shiba's but they are Kia Ken? Cool.. Never heard of them till I joined this page. Their color is a little different and I cant tell how much bigger they are(height & weight), but the head and nose are the same with small differences in the ears and tails. I probably missed some differences, I wonder if it is the same temperament? They sure do act like Shiba's at first glance of the video I thought the red one was a Shiba. My Shiba attacks at my Akita that way, and also winds up underneath him in the same way, lol
  • edited July 2012
    @T_Dog The lighter one is a Shikoku Ken, the darker a Kai Ken. Their temperaments are somewhat different than a Shiba. I can't tell you much about their temperaments though, I don't own one of either. I'd like to eventually.
  • edited July 2012
    Kai Ken are wonderful! Much easier than a Shiba, or even than an Akita! But they do have their own quirks, of course!
  • edited July 2012
    @T_Dog From what Chocho's (Shikoku ken/ she is also the one in the video above) trainers tell me she's a lot more easy going and affectionate than the shiba's they've trained. Temperament-wise, Goro (Kai ken) and Chocho are pretty different when inside the house, but they are both cautious and reserved out of it... At least for the first few minute. It could also have a lot to do with the fact that Goro is male and Chocho is female.

Totally agree with @shibamistress! The Kai ken are pretty incredible. I love Cho to death, as well! She's always surpriceing me with her goofiness :) Cho and Goro are a perfect pair! They make my day everyday! :)
  • Waw chocho and goro are super cute!
  • Ditto everyone else on the shikoku/kai love... aw! Great pics!!!

So, another story of Kai cuteness and their want for everyone to just "be happy" ....

Kitora and Kunai ganged up on the patio furniture cushions.... "insert very unhappy face here" ... Kunai tore the holes (puppy chewing) and Ki started pulling the fuzz... needless to say when I saw what was going on... (two cushions down and 3rd on the way -didn't notice soon enough as I was doing chores in the barn...ugh) I vocalized my frustration (especially since it had just gotten cool enough to enjoy some nice patio evenings...) This is the first time I've really expressed any frustration with Ki (Kunai was exempt as he is still such a puppy) as it's the first time she's done something unexpected like that... However, as I'm cleaning up all the fuzz from the ruined cushions Kitora starts following me around the yard, every time I stop to pick up more fuzz (it's eVERYwhere) she stands on her hind legs with her front paws crossed "pawing" the air at me... I've never seen anything like it!!! Like when your kid does something naughty but they are just so cute you have to hide your face from laughing at them... So, each time I'd try to hold some fuzz up (without laughing because she is making my frustration slip away very quickly) and say, "naughty" and she'd start all over again pawing the air with her front paws crossed!
    I kind of took it as a Kai peace offering...and a "please don't be mad - we didn't mean to make you upset!" Has any one else experienced this behavior? It's the only time I've ever seen her do it. She hasn't ever really disappointed me like that before either...

But I ask... What are we in for with the duo???? LOL
  • @Mike283 - What you described sounds more like Predatory Drift than any type of social aggression.

----

@T_Dog - Kai and Shikoku are very different from Shiba, and Kai and Shikoku are very different from each other too.

----