Ritsu

edited February 2011 in Kai Ken (甲斐犬)
This will be Ritsu's thread.

Dave mentioned to me that I had not posted many pictures of him, so here are a few from today...

Ritsu

Ritsu

Ritsu

Ritsu

IMG_4249

He's just under 5 months in these pics. Yes, his ears are not up yet, but they are showing progress. I'm not worried about it.

I think Ritsu will grow to be an AMAZING male Kai Ken.

----

Comments

• Wow he is a very handsome boy :)
  • He looks like he's going to be really big. Look at those long legs! :D
  • He looks like such a gentle soul. Am I being decieved? What's he like?
  • OH MY GOODNESS!!! Ritsu is a beast! Holy sh*t his eyes are amazing, and his build so thick and strong. He's a looker!!! I knew he was going to be a good looking dog, but to see him growing up just shocks me. Thanks for posting these pics.
  • What a handsome looking boy...lol he makes floppy ears look good:)
  • He is a (very) gentle soul as long as you are not a puppy playing around his crate when he has food in it. lol
  • Oh! He is by far my favourite! I just adore him!

And yes, he is going to be a beast! But a very gentle beast from the looks and sounds of it!
  • Love the floppy ears, gives him that extra bit of sweetness and innocence.
  • edited February 2011
    Rollie pollie is maturing out! Wow!

Hahah...figured he's still an ash about his food, guess some things don't change. Yup, I think he'll grow up to become an amazingly, stunning, young man.

Ritsu is my favorite male Kai but I might be a bit bais since he lived with me for a week. There is something not only about his looks but his aura that people seem to gravitate towards him. When I had him as a young puppy...even the Shiku pups (Shuran & Kaiju) were being snubbed because everybody LOVED the "black Kai puppy", LOL.

He is quite the charmer! I'm very curious to see how he turns out.
  • He's got a total boss dog look.
  • Gotta love the ears. I noticed that most of your kai's are sashi ou. I really would like to see how they would hunt.
  • aykayk
    edited February 2011
    Sickle tail? In Jindos, they like the sickle tail over the curled tail in hunting dogs. Supposed to aid the dog in counter-balancing.
  • He's so handsome! I also love his gaze....there is something serious and wise about it...(whether he is really that way in real life or not!)
  • He's gorgeous Brad!
  • edited April 2012
    I meant a tail that doesn't curl to the right or the left. I see that lot of the Kai have tails that suspend above their back.
  • What a stud. He has a wise look too him. I saw him at Corina's. He already looks so grown up.
  • So handsome can't wait to see more. =)
  • Thanks for sharing :) I love his face! His eyes are gorgeous!
  • edited April 2012
    Here's a recent picture of Ritsu that I thought turned out really nice...

Ritsu

Here's a "happy Ritsu" shot...
    Ritsu

----
  • What a handsome dude! His face reminds me of Kona's :) ~
  • Love that boy
  • Oh Ritsu! :) He is by far my favourite!
  • edited April 2012
    Ritsu is so handsome! (Not quite as handsome as Akashi, but hey, he's my favorite! ha!)
  • I love how masculine he is.
  • i love the top pic. He looks so stoic! All of your dogs are so beautiful. I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite based on appearance, but its probably Ritsu
  • Wow look at him! He really is a handsome Kai.
  • Ritsu is a handsome fella! Are these pics recent? Is it snowing? God, its so hot in riverside!
  • Yep, from last week
  • He is a really beautiful and strong guy <3.