Hunting dogs looking for new home

edited December 2010 in Hunting & Working
A friend of mine recently took in three fast paced hunting hounds but cant get them homes so I figure I would throw this out there for anyon interested. Tey are 1/2 Airdale, 1/4 greyhound, 1/4 staghound. They are started on hogs and also coyote. They are 1.5 years old with two females and one male. The dog have high hunt drive and all are started dogs thatneed to be hunted.

Let me know if anyone is interested. I will try and get some photos.

Comments

• Ohhhhh snap :P
  • I know you want one Shigeru. You could come check them out and try hunting them and take one of them home if you like!
  • These are the dogs toget if you have some Coyote problems in your area.
  • oh, man, I have some serious coyote problems in my area! I'm not a hunter, though, and wouldn't do right by hunting dogs....Still, they sound like really cool dogs. I need both the dogs AND a hunter to come out and take care of our coyote problem!
  • if your in Ca I'm all over that, I do coyote control on ranch lands so if you need some yote control I'm available!
  • I'm in New Mexico, unfortunately....don't even know what the law is about hunting them here, but damn, there are a lot of them, and they are getting bolder by the day!
  • A coyote is considered a none game animal whichmeans most state do not have a season or regulations for them, which means you can shoot them any time all the time. In Ca (we have some of the most strict game laws) all you need is a license and you can shoot them any time without a limit.
  • My friend who resides in Huntington Beach has had a lot of coyote sightings near him. One was stalking him and his dog (corgi). He had to chase off the coyote by shining his flash light at it and running at it.
  • I got coyotes in my area I live in Indiana kinda in the country luckily they stay away from me and run right away from me on sight.

Rabbits keep them happy.. lol

Coyote got a rabbit last night and tonight I smell something yucky out there maybe the coyote got another animal..

Good luck on finding good homes for them.

Like shibamistress said she wouldn't do them right same here I fostered two catahoula dogs when I lived in Louisiana and man they had tons of energy to burn three good walks wasn't enough for them..

I still loved the two dogs, but no way I could keep them got them homed in a nice home who are very active in camping and hiking.
  • Oh, hell. I love airedales!
  • Alright we got a biter!
  • NO! I have 3 dogs! Maybe maybe maybe when Solomon dies, but NOT before!
    I'm crazy, but I'm not that crazy. I'm not suited to having many dogs.
  • @Saya Where do you live? I'm a hoosier too.
  • I live in Lafayette Indiana it's sorta near miejer, but a bit further.

• I actually like coyotes, and find them interesting, and would prefer to be able to live around them in relative peace, but there are so damn many of them, and they're getting really bold--coming in the yard, going after even larger dogs--that I'm thinking a few less coyotes wouldn't be a bad thing!
  • I'm intrigued by coyotes too, especially as they are regularly appearing in my neighborhood in the Bronx this year! The stray cat population is very much under control now, but these city folk are seriously freaking out!
  • I'm with you on coyotes. I like and respect them. Their adaptability is admirable. However, I may have to smoke a coyote near my deer hunting spot, as the deer will simply find a new route through the area if it's populated by coyotes.