Mai Tai and Kaito have grown

Mai Tai and Kaito
Kaito and Mai Tai
Mai Tai and Kaito are doing great. They are growing so quickly. I have been trying to keep them busy they are so smart and very quick learners. They graduated puppy class with the neighbor kids and they also graduated from the classes my husband and I took them too.
Kailee and the Teacher
Kailee and teacher
Kaito learning to roll over
Kaito learns to roll over
Mai Tai learns to shake
Mai Tai learns to shake
Kaito learns to sit with distractions
Kaito learns to sit with distractions
Mai Tai learns to sit-stay with distractions
Mai Tai learns to sit-stay
Mai Tai in her hat at Graduation
Mai Tai graduates 2
At the other class they had a trick and costume contest on the last day. We put hats on them and said they were tourest sorry no pics. Kaito won with his rolling over he learned at the other class. Mai Tai's trick was to show her painted nails here she is practicing.
Mai Tai shows her nails
Mai Tai shows her nails 1
Just for fun we showed them at an International All Breed Canine Association of America & Alle Rasse Gruppe ~ International Dog Shows 2010 Columbia River Sieger. This was a first for both puppies and their people. Lot of pictures were taken because this is the first Kai most everyone had seen. The very few that had seen a Kai before had had only seen a blacker one like Kailee and Mai Tai before so Kaito had even more pictures taken. Both the International and National Judges were very impressed with Kaito matter –of-fact he took third in the final champion baby group. Rob and I were both shocked by the third place; we were there only for the last day, we did not has the correct showing collars and Kaito backed out of his collar when the Judge was checking him and there was a loose dog on the field, we had not experience we walked when we should have ran and ran when we should have been walking, and the puppies need to be trained to lose-leash walk and stand on command so, Kaito must be really impressive because he had nothing else going for him.
Mai Tai at the show
Mai Tai at the show
Mai Tai at the show 1
Kaito at the show
Kaito walking at the show 1
Kaito walking at the show 2
Kaito standing at the show 1
Kaito being judged at the show 1
Kaito being judged at the show 2
Kaito standing at the show 2
I spoke with the national Judge and she shared with me that Mai Tai’s eyes are a little close together but she said this should change as her head grows and her tail still needs to sickle. She also said that Kaito has a better line (tip of ears) than Mai Tai but it would not stop her from showing Mai Tai. She did note that Mai Tai was a happy puppy and commented that Mai Tai was very friendly and appeared to be smart. This was the first time she had judged the Kai but judges the Shiba and Akita for AKC so she used that as a guide. As for Kaito she said he is a beautiful dog that she recommends continuing to show, her only advice for him is to learn to lose-leash walk.
Mai Tai is 5 months old weights 24 lbs. and is loosing her teeth. She is a quick learner and enjoys obedience training. Her favorite past time seems to be meeting people, we are working with her and Kailee on greeting people; Kailee needs to tolerate it and Mai Tai needs to be less excited about it.
Mai Tai standing side
Mai Tai standing 2
Missing her teeth
Mai Tai spots
Kaito is a week away from being 6 months old he weights 29 lbs. Kaito loves playing with other dogs and toys he also enjoys doing tricks. He is a family man that seems to be most happy when he is with at least two family members and prefers to be in the middle. He is turning out to be an excellent watch dog barking to alert but not an alarmist or excessive.
Kaito side 3
Kaito side 2
Kaito side 1
Kaito front
Kaito running to
Kaito running to 2
Kailee our first and oldest Kai is soon to be our smallest Kai weighting in between 26 and 27 lbs.
Kailee side 1
Three kais love to play
Kai play
all three different tails 1
all three lookinf

Comments

• edited November -1
    the pups are growing nicely. congrats on your first show.
  • edited November -1
    Love that last photo, you can see the differences between the different dogs [ despite being the same breed ] Very cool :) ~
  • edited November -1
    The pups are looking great. Kaito was my first pick of his litter, and looks like he's filling in really nicely. Good solid stance, nice brindle, and masculine face. Love it. The Aigokai judges all thought he was very promising too. When I visited the main office last month they all asked how he's doing.
  • edited November -1
    Nice update! Looks like the pups are all doing well. And they are just gorgeous! Makes me wish I had the time and space to add a 4th dog! :)
  • edited November -1
    I love the pictures, they all seem so happy and healthy :)

Do you know to what the pink nose is due (in the first picture)?
  • edited November -1
    wow! Great update, the pups look amazing and you have obviously done a lot of work with them. Kaito is super handsome, he has more brindle that Tyson does.

Thanks so much for updating all of us!

----
  • edited November -1
    Great pics and updates! The dogs all look great, and it sounds like you have done so much work with them! You are pretty amazing. It's difficult enough to train one pup, but two. I'm impressed to say the least.

For showing, you may want to bring the breed standards with you to give the judge. I think it's super cool that you are showing them. I wish I would have kept Koda intact and showed him. I should have really.
  • edited November -1
    Oregon has had unusual amounts of rain this spring so everything is always wet and Mai Tai loves to dig. One day when I took them to the groomers and brought them home they were looking so good and smelling wonderful too. I let them out to go to the bathroom a few minutes later there was Mai Tai digging away in a hole she had dug earlier that had filled with rain water. It was a muddy mess but boy she looked like she was having a great time digging away as fast as she could splashing mud water all over herself and everything around her. When I took some pictures to work one day I had to check the color of her nose myself when I got home because in most of the pictures her nose looks part brown.

Mai Tai and Kaito had to pass this behavior testing to become a member of one of the local dog parks, it is one of my favorite dog parks. It was another rainy day of course and the fields were very muddy well Mai Tai had the greatest time digging around in the stinky mud. This was the first time and only time so far I have seen her choose something over greeting people because she sure loves to greet people.

Thanks for the kind comments!
  • edited November -1
    Your dogs are beautiful and growing up nicely. Thanks for sharing all the cool pics of them, and love reading your narratives that are so well-illustrated with the doggie photos. Especially like the last pic with all three and being able to view the contrast... Sounds like your pups might walk away with many more show honors! Congrats on the 3rd place!