Haru and I

Had just finished walking the dogs yesterday when my wife whipped out the camera to snap a few pics of Haru and I. I've got loads of pictures of dogs, but seeing as I'm always behind the camera I have almost none WITH my dogs.

I guess that's pretty much the case with everyone and their dogs, but I figured it would be nice for me to have some pics with me in them as well :P Going to take some more pics with the Kishu later. Baron just blew his coat and looks god awful. I wanted to take a video of the shedding to show you how nuts it was, but didn't get around to it. For some reason Haru's never done a full blown blow like that. Her coat changes are much more subdued.

DSC_0615

DSC_0583

DSC_0580

Comments

• edited November -1
    Yep. Haru definitely one of my fav. Kai, & definitely #1 kai in Japan :p

She's changed so much from her puppy pictures! ~
  • edited November -1
    She's gorgeous! Really nice pics :)
  • edited November -1
    Great pics! Haru's brindle has really developed!
  • edited November -1
    What a great looking dog! She has nice "energy".
  • edited November -1
    Wow, she has lightened up a lot. She looks beautiful!
  • edited November -1
    Great photos! She is really cool looking!
  • edited November -1
    I'm sure martial arts doesn't apply to this, but if it did, she has a great kamae

Jesse
  • edited November -1
    Thanks everyone. She's in really great shape right now, probably the best she's ever been in. She was on the thin side coming out of hunting season, and hadn't fully put her weight back on properly before the Tenrankai. She has gotten lighter again, but nothing near the red that she was when she was a puppy. Kai coats tend to change quite a bit through their first 3 years. She went through a really black phase for a while there.

And Jesse, that's her 'show' stand that she breaks out every so often. It was nice of her to pull it out for the camera, haha. She's got two really nice stances, one for when she's showing off, the other is when she gets on fresh scent in the mountains.
  • edited November -1
    Dude...Haru barely comes to your knees, you are uber tall and I'm sticking with it :P

She is freaking gorgeous!
  • edited November -1
    She looks wonderful in those picture I love her show stand. =)
  • edited November -1
    She is one awesome looking Kai!!! I'm really falling for them
  • edited November -1
    Haru is even more gorgeous than she was as a pup. Oh Shigeru I'm gushing over her.
  • edited November -1
    WOW! Haru is stunning! I was wondering how she would develop as she matured! She is gorgeous!!!
  • edited November -1
    Rina! I'm just under 5'9! Not tall by any standards :P Even people that know me think I'm 6' What's with that lol.
  • edited November -1
    It's cause you're thin Shigeru :p [ no joke! ]~
  • edited November -1
    True story.
  • edited November -1
    She looks amazing!
  • edited November -1
    Lol I'm 5'1, I would need a megaphone to talk to you.
  • edited November -1
    Really great pictures Shigeru!, Haru is totally gorgeous.
  • edited November -1
    Shigeru, great photo! Hows Haru doing on the pigs?
  • edited November -1
    Haru's doing good. She's started getting vocal on game, and her drive is really up there as well. I have heard of Kai that don't bay, but kinda stare down their prey. I guess that's fine, but I prefer them baying so I know where they are. Can't always count on the GPS. Haru's been baying every time she's got something stopped, so I'm pretty happy about that. Going to get the dogs out on some penned boar in the near future, will see how they do.
  • edited November -1
    Send her to me. She's perfect!