Sachi and Kuma - cute spam

Sachi and Kuma are settling in so well together. I cannot believe how good he is with her, tremendous patience with her and never any reactiveness/aggresiveness. He is even good at sharing his food with her (I try to keep them apart, but she likes to be with him and he allows it).

Cute sleeping spam
PICT1510

PICT1515

PICT1516
PICT1517

PICT1518

Comments

• edited November -1
    :)
    I love these pictures! Good boy, Kuma! It looks like he welcomes/enjoys her, rather than just tolerates her, do you think?
  • edited November -1
    Awwww. Little Sachi has a crush on Kuma already. :-)

That's fantastic that they get along so well Kris. A testament to your socialization efforts with Kuma no doubt.
  • edited November -1
    That is beyond precious
  • edited March 2010
    Aww, Kuma's a really good boy! Sachi is so cute!
  • edited November -1
    I think male and female Shikoku make excellent pairs. It'll be interesting to see how Sachi develops, but I'm betting that she will kick his butt! And he will let the little princess do as she wishes. =p

CUTE PHOTOS! They both look great!

-----------

Speaking about trying to keep them apart. I would suggest separating them every now and then for Sachi's sake. Kotomi has some separation anxiety issues, she'll settle after a bit but she is so use to being with someone (not necessarily Shoushuu, she just doesn't like to be alone) and for most of her life she has been together with Shoushuu or hanging out with me or with both of us. I just ignore her whines and barks when this happens but it's such a drag. I'll bring Shoushuu inside for like 5 seconds and she's already FREAKING out because I "forgot" her. And even when she is not whining or barking, I know it still bothers her to be alone...she'll just wait by the door "willing" it to open for me to take her inside (I often spy on my doggies through the window when they are outside =]).
  • edited November -1
    They are adorable! I always wanted dogs that actually cuddle each other. :)
  • edited November -1
    That is too cute:)
  • edited March 2010
    Dave, I think that socialization helped but I also think that Kuma's nature is very kind and easy going (at least with puppies). I had heard from the Dutch breeder that Kuma's grandfather was a very good dog with puppies, I think Kuma takes after him. Although Kuma can be reactive at times to big dogs, but not usually small dogs.

Corina, good idea. I know that Kuma is used to being with me for a lot of the day (I work from home) and he also has a bit separation anxiety. So I have been putting Sachi outside in her crate (on nice comfortable days) for time away from Kuma and me. And yes, I think that Sachi will kick Kuma's butt later, he already lets her take things from him if she is persistent. :-)

Funny, when she crawled in the dog bed and laid down with him, he very slightly growled and then was complacent about her sleeping with him :-)
  • edited November -1
    Those pics are adorable!
  • edited November -1
    I'm betting that she will kick his butt! And he will let the little princess do as she wishes. =p

Yep that's Koda too!

I'm so happy that they are getting along so well. If they will sleep together, then you know that they were meant to be.
  • edited November -1
    Oh man, those are so cute! The last few are just too cute for words. :o)
  • edited November -1
    Oh wow... That is too adorable!

I am glad that Kuma is so welcoming to her. It definitely makes for some amazing photo ops! :)
  • edited November -1
    They're sooo cute together!

Sachi is showing some really nice colors in her coat : )

Thanks for the spam, keep it coming!
  • edited November -1
    They are a cute pair.
  • edited November -1
    That's so cute! They make a great looking pair!
  • edited November -1
    Kris, Dan ,
    Those pics. are fantastic, Kuma is awesome I can't believe how well he gets along with his new sister . Levi wanted to terminate koshi at that stage ! Your Sachiko is precious!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!
  • edited November -1
    daaaw, Sachi is so adorable! :)
    I might have to come over and see her sometime. ;) And Kuma! Can't forget about him, they're both amazing.
  • edited March 2010
    Some outside playtime
    PICT1526
    PICT1531
    PICT1532
    PICT1537
    PICT1546
    PICT1550
    PICT1543
    PICT1521
    PICT1541
  • edited November -1
    Nice pictures!! Love Sachi!!! and Kuma. :)
  • edited November -1
    Awww. They're like two peas in a pod. :-)
  • edited November -1
    They're so cute together! Looks like they tired each other out by the last pic LOL.
  • edited March 2010
    Those are GREAT! I bet Kuma is LOVING having his little lady friend to play with. :o)

Too cute!

----
  • edited November -1
    Awwwwww! That is incredibly adorable. It reminds me of Bella and Nola when Nola first came home. :)
  • edited September 2010
    Sachi is 8 mos old now and even went through her first heat last month. Boy was THAT fun (not!). She was very good but Kuma turned into a caveman. Of course he was separated from her, but my normally very obedient dog was no longer obedient! :-)

Although Sachi was registered Red Sesame, she really darkened up a lot. She only really has red at the back of her ears and in some lighting.

PICT1938
    PICT1939
    PICT1930
    PICT1931
    PICT1954
    PICT1962
    The only red on her besides her legs is on her ears
    PICT1963

More are one my FB page

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=40356&id=1659815966&l=a9062748b5

And a neat photo of Kuma (who is very well behaved again since Sachi isn't in heat!)
    PICT1956
    PICT1953

• Wow Sachi has grown up into a beautiful shikoku. You're right, there barely is any red left on her.

And that picture of Kuma is awesome! :) He looks so good
  • They look great Kris!
  • I keep hitting the 'back to discussions' button instead of the 'post comment' button...

Anyway... Sachi is gorgeous! She has grown into quite a beautiful Shikoku. And Kuma is absolutely stunning as always! :)
  • Great pictures Sachi has grown so much! Kuma is very handsome as always. =)
  • I like Sachi's dark redness. It really shows the details of her markings. She's very pretty. And Kuma is as always handsome.
  • She looks gorgeous! Reminds me of her bro Mr.Inu :)

You guys are so lucky :p *envies*~