Kai Ken Haru Thread (updated 11/17)

Comments

• edited November -1
    So Shigeru...when are you sending her over to me? :p ~
  • edited May 2009
    She wants to go to California first. lol
  • edited November -1
    So a few pics from last week, and a few from today. I've been posting on my blog, but uploading to FLICKR/reposting here... I'm lazy :P

A fun picture sequence from playing at the swamp last week.

DSC_0047

DSC_0048

DSC_0049

My brave hunting dog follows her nose and accidentally flushes her first prey. Ducks. She was so shocked when they took off, she came dashing back toward me.

DSC_0072

Oh, and she can outrun me now. Bummer.

DSC_0023

She loves mud.

DSC_0018

DSC_0006
  • edited November -1
    So Beautiful!
  • edited November -1
    pretty, pretty, pretty
  • edited November -1
    She's amazing!
  • edited November -1
    Oh Haru, how I love to see you do your thing!
  • edited November -1
    I want her! Is she covered in mud in the last pic?
  • edited November -1
    She is such a great looking dog. I think you should bring her to the meetup in August so we can all meet/steal her! Wisconsin isn't THAT far from Japan, is it?? :)
  • edited November -1
    Yeah, a lot of dried mud there. She LOVES water and mud. I'm starting to think it has something to do with her dark coat. She 'over heats' real fast, so is always on the lookout for spots to cool off.

Melissa, if I didn't have to go through quarantine when I brought her back here I'd actually think about it!

Haru is weighing in at just over 9kg now. Her mom is 10kg, and I was hoping Haru would be around the same size, but it looks like she's going to be a bit of a monster.

There is a lot of size/type variation in Kai, more so than any of the other Nihonken. Kai are thought to be the most 'primitive' of the Nihonken, mostly untouched due to their geographic isolation. The founders of the breed club felt is was important to preserve the breed as it was, a breed created due to natural selection, as opposed to setting rigid type/size requirements. So, you have a lot of types/sizes in the breed.
  • edited November -1
    Shigeruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

Promise me when I come to Japan [ whenever it will be! ] I can see her?! lol I'm in LOVE!!! She was well worth the weight eh? ;)

I'm super curious about her breeder tho! Could you provide more info on them? Does he breed only working dogs? How are their temperments? Coat Colours, face shape, sizes? Do they breed often? What made you pick her breeder? I'm VERY curious about the Japanese Kai breeders so any info is awesome Shigeru ;)

& more spam plssssssssssss!!! ~
  • edited June 2009
    Haru on recall a few weeks ago.

• edited November -1
    lol. It looks like she got "lost" in the longer recall. Perhaps caught scent of something?

Yup, she's a keeper!
  • edited November -1
    What a cute little dynamo!
    She's doing really well on recall, that's great!
  • edited November -1
    Umm...jealous...just jealous! J/k!! She is so amazing!

What part of Japan are you in? I apologize as I have forgotten.
  • edited November -1
    Speaking of Haru being a lap dog....you haven't posted pics in almost a month! lol.
  • edited November -1
    Oh, she's absolutely stunning!
  • edited November -1
    .... I've been slacking. I've been posting on the blog here and there, but work is really thrashing me a good one.

Amber, I live in Chiba, southeast of Tokyo.
  • edited July 2009

Fixed the video
  • edited November -1
    Haru loves mud.

Tracking piggies

Nearly falling off the mountain in the jeep... check my blog for the long version.

• edited November -1
    Haru is so beautiful. I want to steal her so bad. Thanks for posting videos. I needed a Haru fix.
  • edited November -1
    Haru, Baron and Sonny on a playdate. And a pic of Haru jumping to catch a treat (taken by my wife haha).

DSC_2785

• edited November -1
    NICE shot, wife! Air Haru! I like that you can see the tiny treat too...hee hee!
  • edited November -1
    Love that shot of Haru:)
  • edited November -1
    Very impressive shot! Props to the wife! :-)
  • edited November -1
    What an amazing shot! Haru's colors seem like they have changed. And Baron is so adorable.
  • MnVMnV
    edited November -1
    Nice thread. Love seeing Haru growing up.
  • edited November -1
    Yea, that pic is amazing! Haru is so cool, she is just beautiful, and so athletic.

And then there is Baron... He's a chunk. LOL. He's gonna be a tank man.

----
  • edited November -1
    AMAZING pic of Haru jumping, hats off to the wife!
  • edited November -1
    WOW! I just discovered this thread. Its great! I love all the pictures and videos :) That shot your wife took is great. Looks like Haru is flying!