Katsu's Korner - Newborn furry potato SPAM!!!

My wife and I have been waiting for a shiba for the past 2 1/2 years, about a year and a half of research and looking for the right breeder, and about a year waiting for a dog. We're still waiting for our dog, but we've started to prepare ourselves by amassing products for a dog we don't yet have, and haven't met.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Comments

• edited November -1
    Shopping for puppies is the best part!!! It kills me not to start shopping now even tho I have more then a year to go! lol

Soon you will have a ball of fluff running around :) ~
  • edited November -1
    yeah, and it's never to early to start shopping!
  • edited November -1
    Just a kind reminder that the first year of puppy ownership will be your most costly. Aside from the pet toys, there's shots and the speutering. Though I can understand your need to satiate and reinforce your goal of getting your puppy. It's very, "The Secret".

Jesse
  • edited November -1
    Omg, I can't believe I'm saying this... "Would you like some eggs with that SPAM?" hahaha, that was soooo lame!!! I think I'm going to use it for now on though lol.

Anywho, I was like that when I first got Sasuke. For X-mas, it was basically a baby-shower... but for dogs. Now whenever I cannot chose between two products or toys, I HAVE to bring either Sasuke, Sushi, or Ninja along so they can pick out their own toys. They also picked out their Shampoos and various other items.
  • edited November -1
    So Katsu is the name your going with, and does that mean you'll be getting a girl. Would be kind of funny seeing a boy in pink though...Can't wait to see your pups in that pig costume, perfect for Halloween.
  • edited November -1
    nice stuff you got there for the pup! i cant imagine how excited you guys r!
    i myself loveeee to buy stuff for my 3 monsters, but it gets kinda costly out here :(
    i bought a simple harness for like 30 bucks the other day
  • edited November -1
    yeah next up is the crate, and deciding what kind of food to buy. I'm interested to see how the purple octopus holds up, it's supposed to be indestructable, destined to outlive everything on earth but cock a roaches and twinkees. and if you think this is spam wait till we get the dog, we're gonna need more than eggs with our spam.

What's "The Secret"?
  • edited March 2009
    yeah we're looking for a girl. But if it was a boy it's cool, he could rock it all Kanye/Cam'ron style. Pink is the new black, right? We got that pig costume at roosevelt field mall, my little cousin showed me the store and I had to get it, my wife loves pigs. I Have a funny feeling the shiba will not like it, but the two minutes it stays on should be hilarious.

anybody have any suggestions for dog toys they can recommend, I want to be well stocked so that the dog stays occupied, and doesn't try to make her own toys.
  • edited November -1
    Wow. You guys are ready for a dog, it's good to see.
  • edited November -1
    p.s. all that stuff will be eaten and destroyed faster than the cashier bagged it :)
  • edited November -1
    yeah probably
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    Its so funny because when we got Ryu, we got tons and tons of toys. He played with a few but most of them just stayed piled up in the toy basket. He mostly went after empty water bottles, pens and socks. :(

It wasn't until we got Roxy (more than a year later) that the toys finally got some use! :) She has some freaky shark teeth and can rip through those "indestructible" toys in 2 minutes. :X

My favorite toys are the "unstuffed" toys. They last a whole lot longer than the stuffed ones :) We have a raccoon that has been around forever and no fluff to clean up!!

http://www.dogstuff.com/unstuffedsquirreltoyformediumdogs-p-24933.html?utm_medium=link&utm_source=gps
  • edited March 2009
    We went to the breeder today, and found our dog. She's the sweetest little fur potato you'll ever meet, we're picking her up April 11, and we can't wait. Here's some spam from the day.

this is girl number 1, she's cute and loving but very fiesty

this is girl number 3 as she's now know, or Katsu Tonkatsu, or the Victorious Panko Breaded Porkchop. This is our future fur baby.

girl number 1 zonked out.

the big boy, bound for a forever home in baltimore.

the famous mr miyagi, who made a recent appearance at the 2009 westminster kennel club dog show, do you believe he's 12.

all four pups waiting for brunch from momma

Katsu and Dawn

The new star of the Lion King on broadway, Katsu Tonkatsu Feher

"I know I'm cute but put me down"

The breeder Alyssa has done an awesome job with getting the puppies used to touching. They have no complaints with you playing with their feet, their tails, ears, anything. We had Katsu on her back like a baby, and she was just soaking up the belly rubs with no complaints, only little kisses.
  • edited November -1
    Very cute!
  • edited November -1
    Omigosh! I can see why you are so excited --- what an adorable puppy! Enjoy Katsu --- I'm sure you will be very impatient for April 11! Best of luck with the new little puppy!
  • edited November -1
    OMG!!! Shiba puppies are the cutest things in the entire world. I am so happy for you, Katsu is going to a loving home!
  • edited November -1
    Adorable! ~
  • edited November -1
    Congrats on meeting your new family member! :)
  • edited November -1
    thanks for all the nice comments. I was having a hard time deciding which pup I liked, unti I picked her up. She just gave me this look, and a kiss and I was done. The look reminded me alot of a Akita/Shepherd mix I had, he would just put his head on your leg and look at you, it's like he was saying "Love me" with his eyes.
  • edited November -1
    cuteness! love the pic where they are waiting for mama :)
  • edited November -1
    so much cuteness!!
  • edited November -1
    Puppies!!!!!!!! Gosh, I can't look at pictures of puppies and not want another one...and another one...and....
  • edited November -1
    hey you already have two, save some cute shibas for the rest of us! The funny thing is I really wanted to get both available girls from the breeder, but I know I won't be able to handle two. I don't think I'd be able to give the propper attention and training they'd need. But now that I know for sure that we're getting her I really want another shiba already. Maybe in a year or so, I'd really like to rescue a boy.
  • edited November -1
    Aww cute pictures! we bought that toy, the plastic nyla key ring. our shiba sophie destroyed it in about 3 weeks. just be careful and watch them with the nyla bones. they say they are not easily destroyed toys but it's not true. those puppy teeth are sharp and they can break pieces of those nyla bones off and swallow them. ohh i love the rangers jersey!!! where did you get that?? nhl.com? I would love to get a capitals jersey for my pups. (we are in VA so caps and hurricanes are the two closest teams)
  • edited November -1
    i got it on ebay. it's only about 20 bucks. I think they make a caps one. I want to get a alternate logo phoenix coyotes jersey i thik the logo looks kinda like a shiba.
  • edited November -1
    That is some serious cuteness!
    Congratulations!
  • edited November -1
    Congratulations on picking out your Katsu, she is such a doll. I can't wait to see her in person and give her some cuddles. When she's old enough, she can take a whack at Tetsu and see how he likes it. (Secretly, I think he's been wanting to play with someone his own size, as Tikaani likes to pick him up by his tail.)

Once again,congratulations!!
  • edited November -1
    You should bring Tikaani with you on the 18th.
  • edited November -1
    Well of course, we don't bring Tetsu anywhere with out Tikaani, and vice versa.
  • edited November -1
    cool we're looking forward to meeting both
This discussion has been closed.