The Ahi Thread

Since I always have random updates about Ahi and her situation I figured I'd start an "Ahi" thread...

First update - Ahi finally has her Fancy Pants back. She has been wearing them and so has gotten more freedom. We have a trip scheduled for March to get her checked out to see if she has recovered from her torn rotator cuff. She will be wearing her fancy pants and have restricted activity till we have the results from that checkup.

Here are some recent videos of her visiting her buddies and her mommy...

Ahi vs Mom:

Ahi vs Pack:

----

Comments

• edited November -1
    Finally an Ahi thread!
  • edited November -1
    It is good to see Ahi "out and about"! Even if she is being engulfed by all the Akita (and Kona), which is super cute to watch.

I do hope that she continues to recover and does not shred her fancy pants this time. :-P
  • edited November -1
    yay, Ahi thread! :)
  • edited November -1
    Cool!
    It's great to see Ahi in action again!
    Both videos are great, but I really like seeing her taking on the Akitas and Kona, hehehe. Kahuna is huge!!!
  • edited November -1
    So very nice to see Ahi!!! It's fun to see all Akita seem to play alike.
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    We miss Ahi :( Yay for her new fancy pants though!
  • edited November -1
    Yay, more Ahi spam!

I do hope that she has recovered. It's funny seeing her so calm. I'm sure she longs for a good romping around with the rest of the pack.
  • edited November -1
    That's a tough re-introduction to have to go thru. I didn't realize Shikoku were as tall as that until I saw all of them playing together, she really is quite a different animal than a Shiba. Ahi seems to hold her own really well with all those mean Akita you have roaming the place :)
  • edited November -1
    Ahi is WAY over standard for height, so she is not a good judge of what a female Shikoku size should be.

Also, the Akita are probably more afraid of Ahi than she is of them. She's a force of nature. lol. :o)

----
  • edited November -1
    YAY Ahi, finally gets to play...Is that Big L in the crate?
  • edited November -1
    Awwwww! I missed Ahi! She is my first shikoku love :) ~
  • edited November -1
    It's so good to have an Ahi thread! I am glad she has her new pants!
  • edited November -1
    Ahi. She seems like one of those dogs you only meet once in a lifetime. I have the greatest recovery wishes for her!!
  • edited November -1
    I a have a few new Ahi videos...

Ahi vs. Carrot:

Ahi vs. Cheap Plastic Slinky:

Ahi vs. Kona:

*Please excuse the background music, I was working when I shot these.

----
  • edited November -1
    Yay! Ahi / Kona videos = love! <3 ~
  • edited November -1
    ahi is so cute!!!
    my husband and i cant stop smiling whenever we see the pics/videos of the pack
    cant wait to get ourselves a shikoku x)
  • edited November -1
    Ling - Shikoku are amazing and a lot of fun. Our pack is a lot of fun and an incredible amount of work and expense at the same time. lol. Sounds like you guys may give us a run for our money one day in pack since. :o)

----
  • edited February 2009
    Ahh - Ahi having some fun time with her siblings :)
  • edited November -1
    Ahi and the slinky crack me up! :)
  • edited November -1
    Looks like Big L wanted in on that Slinky action!

Glad Ahi is doing well. Hopefully her fancy pants hold up and her recovery goes smoothly!

Hugs and Kisses to AHI!
  • edited November -1
    The carrot thing kills me the most... Here is this tough-as-nails dog [Ahi], she scares even Luytiy [who is a wolf killer!] but then she eats her little carrot in the most dainty way; picking little pieces off so she can nibble on them. lol.

Silly Ahi.

----
  • edited November -1
    Great videos of Ahi --- I especially love the one where she and Kona are going at it for many minutes! And Luytiy is just adorable and so patient. He keeps trying to get involved in the play!
  • edited November -1
    Oh Brad, what can I say? Ahi is just plain awesome!!!!! I love how in the carrot video, she stops and looks at the camera like "yes???... can I help you?" LOL... <333333 for Ahi, glad she is doing well.
  • edited November -1
    Brad: Haha yeah love the shikokus! Ahi looks adorable in the vids. i asked many of my jap friends/students here and they dont even know what dog it is, kinda sad considering its listed as the national treasure and its just such a beautiful dog.
    i cant wait to get a Shikoku once we move back stateside, i saw on ur website that you guys are breeding Loa this year? Too bad we only move back next yr, but hopefully we can get a Shikoku from u guys in future :)
    yeah the cost for you guys must be sky high! i have been shipping their food(Innova) the states, cant find any good quality food out here(most commercial supermarket brands). the cost of shipping is as much or more than the cost of food :/
  • edited November -1
    Ling - WOW! That sux about the food. We have a similar issue, for some reason you can't get Orijen or Acana in New Mexico, so we have to ship all our food in. It costs a stupid amount of money.

----
  • edited November -1
    I just e-mailed the guy who owns my favorite pet supply store to see if he can get Acana in the stores. I really like the look of their grain free Lamb formula. Acana is not yet available in Wisconsin, but maybe it will be soon. My pushing him on Orijen is what pushed him to harp on his vendors until they would deliver it to him. Now it's available in a few spots (they all use the same distributor).

Which Acana do you feed?
  • edited November -1
    We feed the Lamb and Fish flavors of Acana - we may try the Chicken one too.

Most of our dogs are on Acana now, it has a little less protein so the Akita and Kona do well on it. We still give the Shikoku and Maui Orijen. Kaia is on RAW now.

My point is, on Acana, our Akita have the healthiest poos ever. It seems to go over really well. Kona too - he has better poops on Acana and less gas.

Maui likes Acana too, which is amazing - Maui doesn't like much.

----
  • edited November -1
    A quick Ahi update...

Ahi has eaten another set of Fancy Pants! *sigh. I think we will stop here w/ the Fancy Pants now, they seem to have done their job and she seems back to her old self [that is to say she is vocal, energetic, and frustrating again].

We have started giving her some "yard time" by herself...

IMG_7683

IMG_7679

IMG_7666

IMG_7675

----
  • edited November -1
    Apparently Ahi doesn't like to play dress up.
  • edited November -1
    Ahi prefers to go "commando". No pants for her!

Jesse