Comments

• edited November -1
    OMG!!!! That is way to many puppy's! Poor thing.
  • edited November -1
    Dalmatians are known for having huge litters. So are Great Danes.
    Coincidentally, Dalmatians were known as Small Danes quite some time ago.

A few years ago, here in Portugal, a Great Dane made the evening news by having a 19 pup litter.
    It seems that the actual record is of a Neapolitan Mastiff that had 24 pups!!!
  • edited November -1
    Wow! Poor mom! I love Dalmations though :-)
  • edited November -1
    Poor mummy!

I like Dalmations, but the breed has been really taken advantage of by BYBs and has a lot of issues now :( ~
  • edited November -1
    Since you brought it up let me just reinforce it by saying BYB got hold of the breed almost 30 years ago, after Disney's 101 Dalmatians, and the breed is still recovering from it.
    So, if anyone had doubts about why BYB are "evil", think of how long it is taking (because it's not over) to recover a breed.
  • edited November -1
    Ours were such wonderful dogs. I'm pretty sure my sister's "soul mate dog" was our first Dalmation. Knowing how wonderful they should be and seeing how messed up they became really upsets me.
  • edited November -1
    when i did chihuahua rescue in high school, the lady who coordinated intakes had two dalmatians from doing dal rescue (I think she stopped b/c she was attacked by a male dalmatian), both female and both completely different. Mandy was thin and moody but utterly beautiful and I loved her! Chloe was stockier, taller and loved everyone, she also had more of a brown color to her spots. Mandy was from a byb and had definite temperament issues. As much as I loved the breed because of Mandy, I could never gamble on them because of the craze of the disney movies and the destruction of the breed. But Chloe was 'normal', so I guess good dogs can even come from bad scenarios!