Oh No! A Shiba on TMZ!

edited November 2008 in Shiba Inu (柴犬)
I was watching TMZ last night, don't ask why, I never do, but I was cleaning and had not changed the chanel when a story came on about Kelly Osbourne (Ozzy's Daughter). It said she had brought her dog to dinner, they wouldn't let it in the resturant, so she left it in the car! Then I saw the dog and thought "OH NO, That is a creamy Shiba!" I hope people don't know what kind of dog it is, I don't want another Paris Hilton/Chihuahua outbreak...

Here is the link to the video and a picture.

http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&mediaKey=034ae4bb-f6ac-4dbc-93e8-df3f9f7613bf

Comments

• edited November -1
    Sure looks like a cream shiba to me!
    : (
    First thing Chad said was "oh crap, just what the shiba's need".
  • edited November -1
    Oh no. That is definitely a Shiba. I just want to cry now. :( Maybe no one will ask her what kind of dog it is.
  • edited November -1
    I got so sad when I saw it last night...
  • edited November -1
    And she seems to have a different puppy every couple of months. So sad.
  • edited November 2008
    I just googled "kelly Osbourne's new puppy" and this is what I found. :(

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081111084001AAw9ZFE

So the word IS out.
  • edited November -1
    Yes me too, so sad.
  • edited November -1
    "According to magazine sources, it IS a Shiba Inu she bought for herself for Christmas but is thinking of giving it as a gift to someone. I think this girl has issues and I feel for her dog, she recently just bought a Puggle too which has prompted fans to go get one too. She cant train or care for the many she already has, and why does she keep getting more. She bought it from a pet store." - From the site posted by Katie.

REALLY? Who the heck buys a dog for herself but the decides to gift it to someone else? Not to mention this high profile person is buying a dog from a pet store. Someone really needs to educate this girl on where that precious pup in the window comes from and what life is like for its mum and dad. Someone like Kelly Osbourne should be able to give a dog a great home and a wonderful life. Why is it that I feel that the opposite effect is happening here?

Okay, end rant. Sorry about that folks.
  • edited November 2008
    Im mad too, she seems to buy a dog every couple of months and then you don't hear about them any more. Once they grow up, is she keeping them or giving them away or to the pound?!?!?!? I just don't know. I know her family had like 5 dogs, but now she is out on her own and can not take care of that many dogs.

AND, who leaves there dog in the car with the windows rolled up while they go to some fancy place for dinner?!?!?!!? WTF?
  • edited November -1
    Oh god, this is bad news. How disgusting. I hate famous people who just impulse buy animals and dump them when they aren't 'cute' anymore.
  • edited November -1
    Brutal, just brutal! Lots of silly people will be trying to get a shiba puppy cuz that puppy on TV is 'just so darn cute'! This is exactly the reason Remy went in to rescue and is now coming to live with me (bonus for me, but really bad for the breed in general)
  • edited November -1
    Looks like shiba rescues will be even busier in the coming year. I'm sorry to be so cynical.
  • edited November 2008
    Nan: Its not being cynical, its being realistic. :-(
  • edited November -1
    Let's start a "Why I am bad for a Shiba" forum site or a "Shiba's, the real truth" and start littering it with horror stories about chewed up carpet, furniture, runaways, and disobedience and all sorts of things that would detract flight-of-fancy owners...just a thought.

Jesse
  • edited November -1
    The dog looks miserable she probably baught it spontaneously and has no idea how to care for this type of dog. She probably thinks its going to be a nice lap dog! boy is she in for a surprise.
  • edited November -1
    :( ~
  • edited November -1
    You guys are freaking out about this, a blip on TV... think about the Akita and the Hachiko movie that is coming out. That's gonna kill the breed!

PS: The puppy he holds in that movie is a Shiba pup... so it may hurt the Shiba breed too.

----
  • edited November -1
    What movie? Havent heard of it.
  • edited November 2008
    Its a Movie they're making about Hachiko. :0
    Yeah, the Shiba pup in the movie will probably ruin the breed. D: As well as the Akita. :<

Considering they're using a Shiba pup and calling it an Akita pup, which is even worse and will confuse the mass of people whom go to see it.
  • edited November -1
    Jesse, I think there are already a tonne of sites that highlight the difficult qualities of the breed. I was a little shocked when I first started researching them that, typically, the first thing you hear from most people are all the difficult or 'negative' qualities about shibas. Of course, there are also the more generic descriptions like "a spirited boldness"...like that tells you anything!!
  • edited November -1
    "spirited boldness" = Will bite your nose to spite your face.

We should do a game and "decode" the AKC description of a Shiba Inu to owner interpretations!

Jesse
  • edited November -1
    There is an old post regarding this movie. That still makes me beyond sick!
  • edited November -1
    I think I need to watch TV more (ok, watch tv at all maybe?!?) I had not heard or seen anything about either the new movie or Kelly Osborn. I hate it when pets become trends... :-( During the Paris Hilton/chihuahua craze we had several college students try to bring lap dogs on campus and hide them in their rooms (we have a no pets except harmless tropical fish rule). They all ended up having to give away/find other homes for the puppies of course. Some of them had spent tons of money on the puppies too: rhinestone leashes and collars, the puppy purse, etc. It was crazy!!
  • edited November -1
    That happened at my school too. The sad bit was that, because these dogs were hidden away from everyone, they were absolute monsters to deal with. Nothing is better than trying to get to your dorm after a party a little drunk and trying not to wake your RA, only to have Princess Fluffkins the shit zhu ready to rip you apart while her vipid owner stands outside her room whispering the dog's name and telling you she's really sweet if she likes you.
    They found that dog. They always did. Then the owner/owners had to figure out what to do with the little angel that they had spent several hundred dollars on in odrer to dress them for stardom. Usually, it ended up at someone's house attack their family because it had only socialized with a handfull of people before it was dropped off with them. I remember one girl's family "gave her dog away" after it bit one person too many or really did some damage to its chosen target. I wonder where that dog really ended up. I wasn't the dog's fault, it hadn't been properly taken care of, but it was the one who paid for the mistakes of its owner.

Hopefully the people at TMZ won't how to pronouce the breed and then fashion victims nation wide will be going into pet shops look for a "Simba Emu". One can hope, right?
  • edited November -1
    OH NO! Not the Osbournes! What a horrible home for a shiba. All their dogs fight and shit everywhere (bulldogge+pomeranians+shibas=dead shiba or dead pom). Case in point, money can't buy you happiness. Both of them look miserable. How dare she leave a new pup in a car to go drink or whatever. Ugh, didn't her Vegan faux leather endorsing PITA supporting celebrity friends tell her not to support pet stores? Didn't she watch Opera? Anyways, most people shouldn't have dogs but they do. I guess it's good that Akita are too big for most people to want spur of the moment.
  • edited February 2009
    Found this.........Is she gonna EVER let the poor pup walk? It's getting big!
  • edited November -1
    Frankly I'm surprised the dog can lie comfortably on its back like that while she carries him. I don't see a harness or leash anywhere (-_-). At least it's still alive and breathing...

Jesse
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    Seriously, if he jumped out of her arms he'd be GONE. Some people are idiots.
  • edited November -1
    That poor pup looks terribly uncomfortable... She seems to have a death grip on him with her one hand... I agree, where is the leash? I can not even see any tags on the pup's collar.
  • edited November -1
    I don't even think that's an actual collar, almost looks like a stretched out scrunchy
This discussion has been closed.