Kai Ken in need of a home

edited October 2008 in Kai Ken (甲斐犬)
Hello everyone, I was searching Petfinder like 5 minutes ago and stumbled across a "Shiba" but this girl looks like a Kai to me. I called the shelter just now and the lady said she's very sweet with people, around 40lbs, and was dropped off at night at their shelter so they have no idea who dumped her or why. I noticed her tongue has some black in it and she appears to be a dark brindle. Who knows, she could be a mix of something else entirely but from these pics she looks just like a Kai. She is currently at a shelter in Ohio, a lady is there right now answering phones! Hurry, someone save her!!

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=12066629

Comments

• edited November -1
    poor girl, just dropped in a night box. that makes me mad.

There are a few Kai breeders in Ohio too... hmmm....

She does look like a Kai, and she looks pretty freaked out in those pics.

Jen and I are driving to OH next week, we can help transfer her if anyone is interested that lives between OH and NM.

----
  • edited November -1
    Poor baby I wish I was close :( I wish her all the luck in the world.
  • edited October 2008
    This is another one that looks like a Kai to me who is in a shelter in Ohio as well, check this guy out, he's handsome!! He appears to have some black on his tongue, and about 50lbs, I tried to call on him at his shelter, but it's just an answering service on Sundays :(

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=10994741
  • edited November -1
    Both Fenway and Sasha look like Kai's to me. Best of luck to both of them, and will be interested to hear of the outcome. Will be talking to my hubby when he returns home from the farm with Josephine... maybe she needs a companion. Wouldn't our life be tumultous, then!
  • edited November -1
    I hate my job! If I had found a new one already, I would take one in in a heartbeat!
  • edited November -1
    Go for it, Bev! ROADTRIP!
  • edited November -1
    Any news Bev?????
  • edited November -1
    Ah -- he thought it was some joke, I think... The answer is no, at least this time. I guess he wants to find one on his own...
  • edited November -1
    Have they checked for a microchip?