Does Your Shiba like to Drink Away from Food?

edited May 2008 in General
Jake has two water bowls -- one next to his food, the other 50 feet away. Inevitably he will go to the furtherest water bowl, just like a cat.

Comments

• edited November -1
    Our dogs food bowls are set down at feeding time and immediately removed when they're done. So I have never noticed that.
  • edited November -1
    We have a water bowl in the kitchen (where they eat) and we also have a water bowl in our bedroom bathroom (they sleep in our bedroom). They seem to drink out of both, whichever they are closer to. Portia likes to drink out of the toilet when the bathroom doors are open, even if there is water in the other 2 bowls. So we have to always remember to put the toilet cover down or close the door.
  • edited November -1
    our shibas are the same, water next to food bowl always seems to be full while the water bowl in the living room is frequently empty!
  • edited November -1
    Same here. Lucy and Joey both have water bowls next to their food dishes and another one in the living room. The one in the living room is constantly empty. And, when they have finished eating, they always walk over to drink out of each other's water bowl. I have no idea why they feel the need to walk across the room when they could just turn their head and drink from a bowl that is a few inches away, but they do.
  • edited November -1
    Hmm, Toby only has one water bowl, next to his food dish -- and he drinks from it. At the dog park, its another story. I bring a dish, and every dog besides him drinks from it, and he goes around and drinks from the other bowls instead. Makes me worried for his health, sometimes. :(
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    Ryu is so spoiled. He'll venture to the community water bowl at the dog park, take one sniff and walk away. He'll wait until we get back to the truck so he can drink bottled water. oh boy :-(
  • edited November -1
    LMAO Pam that is hilarious.
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    no Rina, that is SAD haha :-)
  • edited November -1
    I would keep your dogs away from community water bowls at the park.

We have 3 water bowls that are out all the time. Nemo will drink from any of them, sometimes he will go from one to another.