Ninja & Portia : Adventures @ Back Bay!

edited May 2008 in General
So today we decided to take the pups out to Back Bay located in Newport Beach. It’s a Nature Preserve and Ecological Reserve. It has trails and bridges and was really cool! This was my first time there, John used to go there when he was young and ride his bike through the trails with his friends and thought it would be a good place to start re-socializing Ninja since there are a good amount of people walking, riding bikes, jogging etc. As well as some people with their dogs and a lot of different sounds that he’s not familiar with. Overall, I think he did great!!! He was very curious of everything and didn’t seem fearful or scared at all. People would walk by, bikers would ride by, other dogs pass by, he just kept on going! Although, when we were walking down one trail, there were a group of people with 2 dogs. For some reason when the lady saw us and our dogs, she decides to let go of the leash for one of her dogs. I just kept walking with Ninja without stopping or slowing down and he was right there with me and didn’t even look back. Portia and John on the other hand got held up by the dog and then ran and caught up with us and John was like “Dude, why the fuck would she let go of the leash when she see’s us with our dogs? Some people are so stupid.” Other than that, it was great! I think this might be a spot that we will go to over the weekend often.

Anyways, here are the pics! I have a few video clips, but they're still uploading on youtube, so i'll post them once they're done.

(ps - don't wear black vans and walk on dirt trails, john learned the hard way :P)

Random pics

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

John and the pups

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Me and the pups

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ninja on the bridge

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Portia on the bridge

Photobucket

Ninja looking out at the bay

Photobucket

Portia struttin' her stuff

Photobucket

Ninja and Portia walking on the bridge

Photobucket

John and Portia

Photobucket

Ninja sniffin' away

Photobucket

Back in the car with some nice A/C

Photobucket

Photobucket

Comments

• edited November -1
    They're sooo cute together! I think its adorable how they both have a white spot on the back of their necks. :) Nice trail, too! Looks like a lot a fun!
  • edited November -1
    Looks like it was a great day!
  • edited November -1
    Looks like a fun outing and a pretty place! That's a long bridge! How was the weather?
  • edited November -1
    great pictures! they look like they had a blast!
  • edited November -1
    Looks like an awesome day... This is what summer Sundays are all about! What wonderful dogs! They are so pretty, and looks like having a great time!
  • edited November -1
    That's awesome Romi! I'm so glad Ninja did really well. :-)

He looks really comfortable in all those pictures. Just happy to be out and enjoying a fun Sunday afternoon. That's a testament to how well *you* are doing with him! :-)

How did they do on the bridge? I went hiking with Lucy and Joey yesterday and Joey kinda freaked at the sound of my boots on the wooden planks of the bridge. He did better on the way back, but was still uncomfortable.
  • edited May 2008
    Brad - The weather was great! It was between 68-70 degree's the whole day. Sunny with some clouds and a little bit of wind, but overall it was a really nice day!

Dave - Thanks! They did well on the bridge, I don't even think they noticed they were on it! That bridge was kind of weird though, it was half wood half cement. I think a lot of horses go there because there was horse crap all over the place and especially on the wood side of the bridge :X.

The youtube vids finally uploaded so here you guys go!

In this video, I started recording because while we were walking on the wider trails, Ninja would keep going side to side and I thought it was kind of funny. Does anyone else's dog do this?

In this video, its right before we left. Ninja is loose leash walking next to me! I also have some footage of an airplane (i know, call me a FOB!) And portia whining to go back into the car (she was pooped!)

i have 1 more vid, but it keeps "failing" on youtube, and its pissing me off, so i stopped trying to upload it.
  • edited November -1
    It looks like you guys had a great time! And that looks like a nice place.
  • edited November -1
    Ninja's a walkin' weaver! Tsuki does this too, especially if we're somewhere new or somewhere less traveled, but once she tires out, she walks a bit nicer. I love the videos! Such a cute doggy family!
  • edited November -1
    Lucy has never been much of a weaver. When we hike and I let her out in front she'll put her nose down like a hound for the first mile or so. Once she's settled, she'll fall in beside me like its part of our daily routine. Joey, on the other hand, is quite the weaver. He weaves even on our daily walks. Most dogs pull to get out in front, Joey pulls back, left, and right. When we were hiking, he would run out front, slow to a quick walk weaving left and right until he found something he wanted to inspect more closely, then he'd stop short and smell it only to get jerked back into moving because he was tied to my belt.

Thanks for the vids! :-)
  • edited November -1
    That's hilarious with the back and forth, side to side. Jake has never done that. Too funny. Ninji didn't want to miss a thing!