all akitas need a person

edited January 2015 in Akita (秋田犬)
I'm not sure what happened to Meiko's person. At some point it seems someone let him sleep with them on the bed, taught him basic commands, and took him on walks. So how did he end up with the same owner name as he was sold to originally but locked in a closet, nails so long his toes are still rolled back some a couple weeks after getting them trimmed, and half starved?

Meiko has chosen his new person. My husband is not thrilled. A giant, loud, and still somewhat unpredictable akita now insists he must follow my husband around. Problem is he is not fully introduced to everyone yet so to let him out someone else needs locked up. This leads to someone complaining. I don't hear much during the day but when my husband comes home his akita insists to be let out. Meiko isn't all that demanding when let roam though. He's happy to be near his new person. Including laying on his person's side of the bed and refusing to budge while my husband tries to drag 85lbs of underweight akita off. lol

Giant Meiko
photo 85b51e2b-38cf-4fbd-bdd4-8e5873af37f8_zps9e4ed095.jpg

Comments

• Poor Meiko! But glad he has a new loving home!
  • Im glad to hear Meiko has his person, that is very sweet.
  • Meiko scrubbed clean (there are no small pets in that cage)
    photo DSCN2374_zps83b631a0.jpg

photo DSCN2373_zps60a046be.jpg

All the dermatitis cleared up, no more fleas... His whites are white instead of pink and he's getting shiny. He's also driving my husband insane. Meiko now waits at the external house door the whole time my husband is gone. He cannot be parted without crying (at least it's not loud barking anymore) and some more minor damage to the hardwood door. That's gonna needed sanded and stained again if we decide to move. The 2 akitas are almost getting along though so then they can both be around us without one having to use a crate or locked out.