Happy New Year! Time to grab your NKF *ART* Calendar!

edited January 2014 in General
Here's the Something that's been in the works for several months! Back in the spring, Four of us Forum Artists got together around the idea of producing a calendar to benefit the Forum and the defray costs associated with Brad and Jen providing this resource to us. Osy, Steph, Angela and I each took 3 breeds and drew them, so the art you see will have different styles and media, and all will have love and appreciation for the attributes of the dogs we all love! Everyone got to draw the breeds they own, too, so it was super fun. There are two months of 5 of the 6 nihon ken, 1 month for the Japanese Akita and 1 of an American Akita- I hope you'll like it!

A few weeks ago, I thought this calendar would be even better if we had haikus, so I solicited everyone for those- each month has one, and some happen to go perfectly with the image, and some don't and need to be taken as separate pieces. All the haiku were fun to read and think on, but when it came to picking, I picked what went with the drawings or the spirit of the drawings. I loved how much fun you all had writing and reading them! They make the calendar *sing*, I think!

SO...I know you have a lot of choices for calendar purchases this year and I feel a little behind the other calendar launches, but it's okay! This one is especially unique and cool and a community effort, and 20% of the price (we built it in above the production cost) goes to the Forum to pay for the upkeep and space that keeps this place available to all of us to play in.

http://www.zazzle.com/nihon_ken_calendar_2014-158668865488844681

Thank you all for being part of the haikus, thank you Osy, Steph and Angela for your work- I enjoyed working with you guys and seeing the work from drafts to completion- Thank you as always Brad and Jen for building and maintaining this place where we learn so much, make friends and better our relationships with our dogs.

Comments

• That's amazing!! Mine is in the cart, just waiting until Friday! Thanks so much everyone!
  • Just ordered mine! Thanks so much all, this calendar is awesome! :D
  • Oh my, another great calendar! I've been posting calendar information on our Sacramento Shiba Inu Meetup website. Will add this to the list.

Enjoyed reading everyone's haikus.
  • Thank you! Thank you! :)
  • It's beautiful! Thank you for doing it and so delighted to be part of it! :) :)
  • I haven't posted on the forum in ages so I figured I would just say I was happy to be a part of the calendar! :D

I enjoyed drawing doggies! :)
  • Love it might get two or just one depends if mom want this one or the wolf park calender.. Either way I'll be getting one soon.
  • So honored I was asked to be a part of this! I put in an order for 3! LOL ~
  • I got mine! They look great! Thanks for doing this, and the artwork is all stunning! I think I might order a couple more--I just thought it might be a good gift for my vets!
  • That's a cool idea! Still waiting for mine to come in the mail- I cant wait to see. There's something amazing in seeing your stuff printed all shiny and professional, when I see it as something in my room - the charcoal is dusty, or its in a pile over there, I know where the mistakes have been. But in the calendar, it's removed from my mess, and its all "presented..." :)
  • Got mine yesterday, it looks GREAT in person!! So excited to put it up in my office for 2014! :D
  • Got mine! It printed really nicely!!

While you all are Cyber-Mondaying around, grab a calendar! Support your NihonKen Forum!!

• I commented a bunch on Facebook, but should probly say it here too. This calendar is fantastic! There are some very talented members here on this forum :) Awesome work guys!
  • I just ordered mine. I'm very excited about putting it up in the office!
  • The coolest thing you can do for the Forum - besides posting thoughtful, interesting and adorable content!- is to buy a Nihon Ken Forum Art Calendar. I was at the mall yesterday and I saw the Akita calendars- (all AA) and the shiba Calendars (mixed bag of quality photos)- none are as enjoyable as the Art Calendar. Nowhere else can you get Kishu, Kai, Shikoku and Hokkaido all in one. :D

You'll support the Forum's upkeep and existence, because we did this for the Forum, everything beyond the cost of printing and shipping goes to the Forum that brought us together :)

(and it makes us who did the artwork feel really good when we see someone bought one!) 2014 is coming in just 20 days- are you ready for January?

• Just placed the order…finally :)
  • It's January! Remember to get your Forum Art Calendar- $ goes back to the Forum, which the Andersons give to us, so let's give a little back and look at cool NK artwork all year!

• Thanks for the reminder! I kept wanting to get one but always forgot. I'm going to order one now before I forget again. XD
  • I got a couple, and gave one to my vet, who loved it! They did recognize that one of my haiku was about Bel, who of course, they treated. And I've shown it to other people who love it, so I may get another one still.

They do make great gifts, and Jan. isn't too late for a gift calendar!