Shikita or Akiba ?

edited October 2013 in General
Shiba x Akita Inu

Has anyone seen this mix before? I tried to imagine the mating process (LOL'ed because the Shiba is male. Poor little guy!)
Don't know why all these Akita mixes are coming out of my area!!

Here is the ad:
"Father is a reg. Shiba Inu
Mother is a reg. Japanese Akita Inu
Both parents have great temperaments!
Puppies will come with there first two sets of shot, three dewormings, microchip and puppy started kit.
Puppies will be born with in the next week. Exrays show six puppies. If interested please contact by email. "

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-pets-dogs-puppies-for-sale-Akita-Inu-x-Shiba-inu-W0QQAdIdZ517771736

Comments

• The breeder must be Finnish ;)

Honestly, I don't know I'm tired everyone trying to design Akita X Whatever.
  • @JackBurton hahaa X_X

I just got around to catching up on those threads (not before I already posted this up).
  • $1,200 for a puppy!!! Holy moly. Do you think they are registered as Akitas? lol =))
  • Are these dogs advertised this way actually existing or are they only made up to get money scammed from people stupid enough? Or are the pups usually something else than the mix says?
    (Shiba picture was from wikipedia and akita from several places on the internet).
  • edited October 2013
    They're in Toronto, and Canada has not split the breeds... who knows what a "reg. Japanese Akita Inu" may actually be. Actually, I'm guessing its one of those terrible Serbian imports. Neither photo is of the parent dog.
  • Really wanting to see what the pups and parents actually look like, debating whether or not to contact them for more info
  • Thank god someone stepped up and crossed the JA has been saved Praise Hachi!!!!
  • edited October 2013
    I have seen Shiba and Akita mix. Mom was a very nice Shiba, dad was a wonderful JA. It was completely accidental of course, but the puppy turned out very well, and got the best of both breeds. I have a photo somewhere of all 3 side by side.
  • I'm just sick of people doing these kind of crosses on purpose to make money. I can imagine how, as Lindsay says, an accidental breeding might turn out a good pup. However, I can also see this going nightmarishly wrong, and a dog having the worst of both breeds.