The I HATE my Gentle Leader Dance.

edited February 2008 in General

I don't know if I'm doing this right...

Comments

• edited November -1

Can't get this to work....

I'm using quicktime on my mac, but uploaded the video to photobucket. I've tried all the options from Flash to Real Media, but can't seem to get the video to play. HELP! LOL

• edited November -1

Got it, I think 

• edited November -1
    Awwww. Poor thing doesn't like it at all. You meanie. Wink
  • edited November -1
    Yea, she didn't come near me for a few hoursCry. She was pretty upset. Not so happy on the walk, either.
  • edited November -1
    I'm sure she'll get used to it soon. Have you tried giver her treats right after you put it on?
  • edited February 2008
    She won't take them. She's stubborn as hell. And, it's been a few weeks and she still hates it! LOL.
  • edited November -1
    Niko is like that with her canny collar and is now hiding when it is time to go for a walk.
  • edited November -1

This is why I don't like Gentle Leaders and prefer Easy Walk Harnesses or Sensible harnesses any day over these.  The other two options don't leave your dogs shut down or afraid of walks and they work just the same way but without all the required counter-conditioning that you should do if you don't want your dogs to shut down when you put something on to help you walk them. 

-Sarah

• edited November -1
    Lol, my dogs still do that, and it's been a few YEARS that I've been using the Gentle Leader.  As soon as I get outside though, they mostly forget it's on them.