Shira jumping on the Spam wagon 8/20

Just thought I would post some pictures from a couple weeks ago so you can see some of Shira while she's still tiny!

Playing with big Shiba Jake! He's about 21" and 40lbs.
Shira is about 10" and 5.5lbs here.

Comments

• edited November -1
    The white ones love getting dirty...My Sake is constantly in a mud puddle or dirt hole...
  • edited November -1
    So cute
  • edited November -1
    soooo cute! Jake is very handsome!
  • edited November -1
    So cute!

Looks like Sake may have some competition for the title of 'Legs'. :) (see 4th picture in series)
  • edited November -1
    Sake says "Bring it on" :)
  • edited November -1
    Dirty Shira is adorable, but the 1st pic is my fav.
  • edited November -1
    Yep she is adorable! .....They look like they get along very well together.

Snf
  • edited November -1
    Too cute!
  • edited November -1
    Shira is such a cutie! I love all the pictures, but the dirty ones are just so cute also Jake looks like a handsome shiba inu I'm glad they get along. =)
  • edited November -1
    I love the pic of her on her back with her legs straight up. It reminds me of those goats they had on Mythbusters. If you scare them they just pass out and fall over like that.
  • edited November -1
    Yes they are great friends! We just went to visit again yesterday and she got so dirty she was actually grey with accents of mud caked to the sides of her neck. Bathtime wasn't TOO traumatic though, so she's a pretty little princess again.
    I love when Jake and Shira play together because Jake is so fearful of EVERYTHING. He's so sweet and I like to see him have fun. At night he was sitting with me letting me pet him, but if anyone so much as cleared their throat his body would freeze and he'd start turning his head frantically looking for some kind of attacker :(
  • edited July 2009
    So, along with the zoomies/Shiba 500, at least once a day Shira manages to squeeze under the couch if she feels you are not paying her enough attention. Forgive the horrid quality of this video as it was an impromptu recording on my phone, but consider it a sound byte of the insanity that is the alter ego Satanic Shira.

Edit: Just caught this again with a bit better lighting

• edited July 2009
    Also, here's some newer pics!

Dirty pup
    DSC01035

After bathtime!
    DSC01038

Always a princess...
    DSC01043 - Copy

YESSS! belly rubs!
    DSC01054

Hey, what gives??
    DSC01055

I wants more belly rubs! >.<
    DSC01056
  • edited November -1
    Such cute pics...and that video is hilarious. It sort of reminds me of when a big fish pops out of nowhere and eats a little fish.
  • edited November -1
    LOL. That video!!! Hard to believe it's the same pup in the cute pictures below. :P
  • edited November -1
    Shira & Jake are just adorable! I love that first pic! LOL.
  • edited November -1
    Awww! So adorable, for such a little devil! :)
  • edited November -1
    Shira is 16 weeks old today!
    We're going for her rabies vaccination on Saturday, as well as looking into the near future for speutering. She is growing up nicely, but I do have a few questions...

Coming home from the breeder at 8 weeks old, Shira had a little spit up in the car (that consisted of the nemex she had just gotten). Since then she has been wonderful in the car and even takes naps in her crate.
    That is, until a week or two ago. The past 3 or 4 times we have gone somewhere, whether it be 15 minutes or 1.5 hours away, she has gotten sick in the car. The first time I thought maybe it was my driving, since in the beginning I drove SUPER slow and careful with her, because I know I like to go fast through turns. But yesterday we went in the van with my mother driving and she still threw up 3 times in an hour.
    On that morning, I fed her only about 4 pieces of kibble an hour before leaving (I felt bad not giving her ANY since she was so hungry after waking up). She threw these up and I could practically count them they were so intact. Then at least 2 more times she just threw up water/a watery substance or dry heaved.
    I have tried putting her in the front seat in her crate, holding her in my lap in the front seat (while being a passenger!), holding her in the backseat, and letting her sit in her own seat, but her stomach is upset no matter what. The only time she seems alright now is when we take a route that is mostly highway, which is of course a straight line.
    A couple weeks ago I began switching foods from Eukanuba to Acana Pacifica, and this weekend she began eating only Acana. Could the richer food be taking a toll on her digestion and causing this? Or is she possibly developing motion sickness now? I'm going to talk to my vet when we go Saturday, but I thought maybe you wise ones would have some insight :)

Not to drone on, but there's another topic I'm looking for advice on. I have baby gates set up at home so that Shira does not have access to certain rooms or to the front entrance. I'm hoping to eliminate these as she matures and is taught boundaries, however I am still nervous about the front door. There is no screen, so when the door is opened she can jump right out, down the driveway and into the road.
    So far, whenever we go outside for anything, be it walks, playtime, or potty, I have Shira sit for her leash, and then I open the door and have her sit until I give the "okay". If she goes out the door before sitting or "okay", then I scoop her up and plop her back in the doorway. Sometimes I don't even have to ask her to sit and she just waits by the open door!
    My method seems to be working (to at least delay her if she were ever to sneak past the baby gate), but more so when I am firm and when Shira isn't in zoomie mode (which is rare).
    I know she can most likely never be trusted off leash by the open door, but does anyone have experience/techniques in keeping their Shiba from bolting places?

Thanks in advance, especially if you stuck around to read that whole post! :)
  • edited August 2009
    Well everyone seems to be putting up spam, and since I'm a forum lurker while at work I figured I'd follow the trend.
    Shira will be 20 weeks old on Monday! I know it's hard to tell from the pictures, but I think she is close to full grown height. I only know one other shiba personally and he is the size of a monster so I can't judge by that. She's at least 13" at the withers which is near the average for a female, correct?

This seat's taken.
    couch

Happy face after bath time!
    bathtime

Paying attention Shiba style
    notlsitening

Cinnamon bun tail!
    stand

Feigning obedience
    sit

Cameras are excellent for dental hygiene
    eatcamera

Notice the toy stuffing hanging out of her mouth. A quintessential example of the naughty face.
    It coyly states, "Why are you looking at me like that? I'm just over here not putting anything I can find into my mouth"
    naughtyface2

I thought this was cute
    5375_536977580813_35204898_32117217_4782718_n
  • edited November -1
    awww.. :)
  • edited November -1
    hehehehe. So sweet. I like the dental hygiene one best =0)
  • edited August 2009
    Shira is adorable. It always cracks me up that the creamies are the ones to roll in the mud.

I like the cinnamon bun tail. :P
  • edited November -1
    aw, Shira is very cute! :) I love those last 2 and have often seen that sneaky sideways glance... Usually, like Shira, with something in their mouth!
  • edited November -1
    She's adorable!!!
  • edited November -1
    Very cute! :) I like the dental hygiene photo!
  • edited November -1
    Shira is a cute creamie!
  • edited November -1
    wow she is growing fast. Creamies are so cute

Snf
  • edited November -1
    Wow shira is growing up so nicely I love the Cinnamon bun tail! one and This seat's taken. I love creamies they're my second favorite shiba inu color. lol
  • edited November -1
    cute creamie.
  • edited November -1
    She is so cute. Reminds me of Maui when he was a pup, only more "girly". :o)
This discussion has been closed.