Season of the Miko (photos included)

Well, Miko has officially been in season for the last 2.5 weeks. It has not been too bad actually. She was not feeling very well the first few days and only wanted to sleep and have her tummy rubbed, but she is back to her normal, cheerful, and playful self. Keeping her confined to the yard and house has been pretty easy but miss taking her on walks and to the dog park. She did get to go to the emergency vet though last weekend. We came home from dinner and her face looked like it was a Shar Pei. After $160 vet bill and a shot of Benadryl, we were able to go home around midnight. Vet was pretty sure she was stung somewhere on her snout/face.

Comments

• Awww, my Kishu Ken, Fionna, had a run-in with a bee when she was four months old. She looked absolutely ridiculous - stung on the snout. I gave her a benedryl and a wait-and-see and it ended up going down, but it was simultaneously hilarious and horrible.

She also had a hard time her first cycle. Very clingy and kind of lethargic, almost, but not quite. Just didn't want to do much except cuddle and eat.

Poor Miko!
  • Oh no, poor puppy tangled with a stinging bug, probably won't stop from doing it again lol. Glad she is perking up, she should be done soon with bleeding and the week after that is when she is more fertile so should stay separate still from other dogs, but after that, a little bath will help remove any residual smell and she should be able to play again :)
  • edited July 2017
    She was not really fond of the diapers/panties. As you can see it was rough for her especially with the hot dog dancing on her head.

• Aww! She's so cute. I love how rich her red is. The whole litter (or the three I've seen from it) all have such nice coloring.

Sorry to hear about the stinging bug incident. One of my dogs had the same thing happen when she was about Miko's age. I'd like to say she learned from it, but she still chases and nips at bees whenever she gets the chance haha :P