Drawing (+ taking requests!)

edited October 2016 in General
Hi! I hope this is an okay thread to make, I haven't seen many threads for sharing drawings :)
Today I drew a group shot of the medium sized NK,
from left to right: kai, shikoku, hokkaido, kishu
I tried to make it transparent, but iPads are kinda terrible sometimes
I hope you guys like it! I know my style isn't the best, but I'm proud of this.
Also, if anybody has a dog they want drawn in a similar way, just post a picture of them and if you want them in a certain pose/expression and I'll draw a picture of them for you!!

Comments

• Nice job! It wasn't hard to identify the different breeds.
  • Cute! I noticed a couple things, do you want critiques? (Just about the breed traits, not about the art style.)
  • Cute! I noticed a couple things, do you want critiques? (Just about the breed traits, not about the art style.)
    I would love some. I have difficulties telling physical differences apart in dog breeds for God knows what reason, so knowing what would help them look like more their namesake would be a huge help :)
  • edited October 2016
    Okay :)

On the color -- they should all have black noses and paw pads. The white dog's nose might be redbean colored instead of fully black (darker at the edges). Also the white dog cannot possibly have a black "mustache" under its nose.

The stop is the degree of angle change between the top of the skull and the muzzle. It is the area between the eyes. Nihon Ken should have a gradual stop, not straight up and down. The Shikoku in particular should be the most gradual. (By the way, its the angle of the stop that determines how round or how angular the eyes are~)

• Thank you so much for the tips! The paw pad color and 'mustache' are something I draw on ever dog, but I guessi should change that up if im striving to be accurate to the breed! And the tip about stops is very useful, thanks ku so much! I might redraw thus sometime with your tips in mind :)
  • The Hokkaido is so cute! :x