Are there any JA puppies forsale?

edited April 2015 in General
I have been searching the internet and I cant seem to find any in the USA. Is there a list I can be put on to be notified when puppies are available?

Comments

• You should probably check out the JACA. They have a list of breeders you will probably have to reach out to.

http://www.akita-inu.com/find-a-dog/breeders/
  • Are you looking for a female or male JA?
  • Are you looking for a female or male JA?
    I am undecided on female or male. I have only ever owned males.
  • Out of curiosity what made you decide to get another puppy? Dont you have a young ja pup at home?
  • As time goes on. I find myself really wanting my puppy to have proper markings. Its bothering me more then I thought it would. This puppy is a good boy. But he is not correct. I find myself thinking I dont want to wait 12-15 years to have a high quality JA. I mentioned before it was an emotional and spontaneous buy. This puppy is 13 weeks old. I can still find him a good home. But I am fearing that it will take me a long while to find an AKIHO puppy. I am kind of childishly holding on to this JA because I am afraid he is the only one I will find. Sorry if that makes me sound like a bad person.
  • edited April 2015
    Are you planning on breeding? "Proper" markings is pretty minor in terms of companion ownership. My Kai has very minimal brindle markings, which, admittedly, at first was a minor disappointment. BUT, her personality is absolutely awesome and I wouldn't change a thing about her. If markings are the only thing you're concerned about... then I'd have to say that you're looking for the wrong things in a dog. High quality is good structure and health, solid temperament and trainability, and fits your lifestyle. Markings aren't going to help in either of those areas, and certainly doesn't designate a dog as "high quality".

"Disqualifying" or "undesirable" doesn't diminish the dog's value as an individual. It just means that a different pup will be used to continue the kennel lineage. Going by your previous posts, it seems that you may be summing up his "value" as a dog based upon his measurements, markings, and size. It's pretty common to unintentionally do that and perhaps resent the dog a little bit.

You're not a bad person, you just may be unintentionally falling into that line of thinking. So rethink the situation and try to point out what it is that you don't like about the pup and why. So he's got some off-standard markings, how does it affect you? He's a little shorter or lighter, how does it affect you?
    And also, do those things outweigh how he fits into your family group and with your other dogs?

Basically, if you're looking to "trade in" based solely upon markings then... you may want to rethink it. Contact your breeder first before making any sort of decision on what to do with the pup. I'd want any Hokkaido pup to come back for rehoming with vetted potential owners.
  • What does your contract with the breeder of your JA say about this? Have you contacted Rising Sun?

I would imagine that they wouldn't want you to re-home the pup without their knowledge. And their website still had a different pup listed as available when I last checked.
  • I havent talked with them yet cuz I havent found another puppy. I sure wouldnt have a problem with involving my breeder. But like I was saying I have missed an opportunity to get an AKIHO puppy. I dont think I want to wait 12-15 years to get an AKIHO puppy. I did not sign a contract for this puppy. The last contract I signed was for the first puppy I bought. As far as the fit goes yes he fits in real good. But I think an AKIHO puppy would fit just as good. As far as the looks are concerned I am feeling that it does matter. Also I have decided I would like show quality. I would like studding rights cuz I know that to get show quality I will likely have to pay a show price.
  • edited April 2015
    I didnt know about that puppy. I am gonna look into it.
  • edited April 2015
    http://www.risingsunkensha.com/puppies.html honestly tho. Does this other puppy compare to an AKIHO puppy? One of the photos it appears to also have a white ring around the neck.
  • you're fucking childish. you better go hug and love on your puppy /right fucking now/. that puppy did NOT choose to go to a home where he would be judged based on his looks. with an attitude like yours NO reputable breeder would give you a pup, much less a show quality one, because each and every puppy's life is valuable no matter their markings and quality. a breeder knows that better than anyone. show quality pups are usually reserved for very dedicated owners and people who understand that EVERY DOG HAS A FLAW, even show quality ones! if he develops out of proportion ears or his tail is too loose, will you do the same thing as you're doing now, despite even stating that the dog is a good fit?
  • edited April 2015
    I posted this to try and find a breeder that has AKIHO registered puppies. Cuz I decided I would like to have an AKIHO registered puppy. The puppy I have will NOT have a hard time finding a good home! This puppy gets lots of love and attention. How dare you accuse me of not nurturing this puppy. I have made sure he has been raised properly while in care. So no need to get all high and mighty with me. When you pay show price you get show quality. That's what I am intending to spend and that's what I will expect to get. Any good breeder expecting show quality prices will expect a buyer who wants a show quality dog. To insinuate that I am of bad character because I expect to get what I pay for is childish. I paid a pet quality price and I got a pet quality puppy. I am not a bad person just because I changed my mind. I would only be a bad person if I send this puppy to the shelter. I have not even come close to doing that. Not even a little. If you think this puppy will not wind up in a good home then you are quite mistaken. You should be punished for posting such a nasty comment.
  • So what your saying is that I am a bad person because I decided I would rather have a show quality dog? So basically your saying that anyone who is in search of a show quality dog is fucking childish? Your comment is childish.
  • no you stupid fuck boy.
    you were completely happy because you got the puppy you want, it was your other dog's brother and it was the largest puppy.
    you even stated you didn't want a show quality puppy.
    do you not understand that you got what you wanted?

if you wanted a show quality dog you should have done more research before diving balls deep into some shit.

you really want a show quality dog even if it was the complete opposite of your current dog ?? looks =/= temperament

stop being a fucking shanny. your pup is capable of amazing things. this is the kind of shit that gets you black listed from breeders.
    and trust me, with how tightly wound the community is, it wouldn't surprise me if those AKIHO breeders are reading this right now.

i adopted a puppy from a rescue who is now almost 5 years old and is dog aggressive, yeah shit didn't go my way but i'm not some fucking pussy that is going to throw a tantrum because things didn't go my way, when you in fact got a puppy you PICKED and are now complaining about.

pass the salt, please
  • I am not complaining.. You hostility is unwarranted. I am not judging this puppy. I know what I bought. I am just changing my mind. Its not to late for that. Because he is only 13 weeks old. So climb off your soap box.
  • edited April 2015
    So what your saying is that I am a bad person because I decided I would rather have a show quality dog? So basically your saying that anyone who is in search of a show quality dog is fucking childish? Your comment is childish.
    What @omgtain is trying to communicate is that kicking out a pup, who has integrated well into your family and considers itself part of your family, based upon a common Standard flaw in order to get a "prettier" dog to make money from is a pretty shallow, not cool thing to do.

By taking a pup home (that you specifically picked) you're responsible for it, and to ditch a great looking pup just on an off-Standard collar marking... that's just not cool. I really don't see anyone wanting to risk a great pup going to a home with that kind of outlook. This is just one of those situations where you made your choice, so you can choose to do whatever you want, but some choices bring extra baggage.

As mentioned, if the new dog develops an off-Standard characteristic or something that keeps him from being studded, then are you going to be wanting to swap him out?
    If he has an accident and gets his tail caught where it has to be amputated, or a testicle doesn't descent and he's no longer "high quality" or can't be studded, are you going to want a replacement?

It just comes down to being a shitty thing to do to a pup who, for all other intents and purposes, is a great companion. Just being honest here, and I'm sure many breeders will feel the same. Akiho is a great organization and membership isn't simply "Pay $ and you're good to go!". They care about these things too, and their pups are family, not products.
  • yea.
    changing your mind.
    go have some children and then change your mind. thousands do it. ya kno.
    have a puppy for 5 weeks then change your mind.
    s'all good.

right.
    this isn't fucking petsmart you placid donkey dick.
    there ain't no 60 day return policy.
    the fact that you knew you were getting a puppy, that you planned for said puppy, GOT WHAT YOU ASKED FOR, says that it is indeed /too fucking late/.

oh, what ? you're not even going to talk to the breeder?
    the fuck?
    you're surfing the market to see what you can get ?
    you sound like one of those stupid douches that wastes peoples time until he can find something better.
    you're everyone's worst nightmare ya kno.
    going through puppies like toilet paper.
    seriously, good fucking luck getting a puppy after this shit show.

i can guarantee you the lot here gives absolutely /no fucks/ about the markings on your dogs.
    and if you are so shallow, so conceited, had a fucking bleach enema, then please go. you abused our knowledge of breed standards. it was clear from your other thread, that you wanted validation from us, who the fuck knows why, that your puppy for some reason is not perfect.
    you're not perfect either.
    you two are gr8 together.
  • Omgtain you dont even own an akita or even a pure breed dog. soSohat you dont understand is that when some one doesn't go to a rescue shelter to get a mix dog for free. What they do if the want a, show quality dog is they get out their checkbook and pay thousands of dollars. When someone pays thousands of dollars for a dog they expect a certain amount quality. Since your not a breeder you probably dont know that contracts are often drawn that gaurentee the pup will grow to show quality. Who would be foolish enough to pay say just putting a price on it that I have been quoted. Of $5000. I know that you cant comprehend spending $5000 on a dog. But when you do. You get to be picky. The breeders expect it. They guarantee show quality. If your not a breeder dont comment on how breeders feel.
  • Omgtain you dont even own an akita or even a pure breed dog. soSohat you dont understand is that when some one doesn't go to a rescue shelter to get a mix dog for free. What they do if the want a, show quality dog is they get out their checkbook and pay thousands of dollars. When someone pays thousands of dollars for a dog they expect a certain amount quality. Since your not a breeder you probably dont know that contracts are often drawn that gaurentee the pup will grow to show quality. Who would be foolish enough to pay say just putting a price on it that I have been quoted. Of $5000. I know that you cant comprehend spending $5000 on a dog. But when you do. You get to be picky. The breeders expect it. They guarantee show quality. If your not a breeder dont comment on how breeders feel.
  • UHH.
    What.
    LOL.
    I don't own a purebred dog? The fuck is a Kai Ken niggah?
    I own the one, the only, Yamabushi's Octave Melody. She is definitely show quality, and even if she weren't her personality is worth a thousand more times that.
    I have put over $10,000 into her upbringing and training and she is not even 2 years old.
    This is NOT a matter of money. I invest money into my dogs because they are fucking cool cats, and i their cat daddy. In fact if I were to breed Tavi I'd lose a good couple thousand doing so because of all the rigorous testing and enrichment i'd put into my puppies!
    please, don't try to talk to me about breeding. i've been around a LOT longer than you have ya shit.

If you can't afford a dog don't get one you fucking queer.
    Just because you have money to throw around does NOT MEAN YOU GET TO BE PICKY.
    Their lives ARE NOT ENTITLED TO YOU!
    Show quality is NOT guaranteed. Trust me. If it were, breeders would not keep puppies until they're 1 year old and then place them in pet homes!
    NOTHING is guaranteed.
  • Btw I have contacted my breeder about a possible trade. But I am not sure that puppy doesn't have a ring around its neck also. I have communicated my feelings to my breeder. I have not been nasty and being rude and using faul language is against most forum rules. So omgtain you need to be more respectful. I have not ruined a puppy's life. HE IS ONLY 13 WEEKS OLD!
  • actually I think YOU are not a good fit for the puppy. and i am pissing myself out of elation that he can go to a home that appreciates him and loves him because you're obviously incapable of doing so and are only interested in looking like tough shit.
    but i mean hey.
    you got that checkbook right? so the fuck does it matter?

you also fail to realize that he is 13 weeks old and this is the time he needs socialization and concrete foundation work.
    but who cares. you changed your mind. he can be someone else problem.

if you really want a show quality dog you're going to be waiting a year for it.
    during that time grow some fucking kintama.
  • Again you are not a AKIHO breeder. You do not own a line that produces top of the line JA. You dont know what contracts they offer. You dont know how much they are charging. You are just being a judgmental asshole. I have done nothing wrong. I own a 13 week old puppy. One I am sure many people on this forum would buy if I decide to sell him. I WILL NOT HAVE A PROBLEM AT THIS POINT FINDING A GOOD HOME! You are an asshole for trashing this thread. Quit trying to speak for high caliber breeders. You are not one. Quit trying to make me out as some bad guy just because I bought a puppy then decided I might want a different line. I HAVE NOT RUINED THIS PUPPIES LIFE! I WILL NEVER DO ANYTHING TO RUIN THIS PUPPIES LIFE! so get over yourself.
  • uh.
    i know plenty about contracts ya fuckin padawan.
    and i'm p sure i know all the akiho breeders on this forum, who're going to see what a shit you are. like i said, good luck getting a puppy from any reputable source t-dog-san! <3
    cause these 'high caliber breeders' don't give a shit on how much money you flash at them. ;)

you've already made your intentions of just wanting a dog for bragging rights apparent. i've done my job. xoxoxoxo see ya later noob
  • If you followed my other threads then you would know that he has gotten a lot of socialization with a well balanced AA. He recieves lots of love and attention from me and my wife. He is well cared for and I bought both my last puppies at 13 weeks old. He is not to old to go to a different home. If he gets to old to be rehomed then this, will be his forever home. But for now he is not to old. I know the chances are low that I will find a JA breeder with puppies at them moment. I am pretty sure most of what you have done is make yourself look like an asshole. There is nothing wrong with me wanting to buy a high quality puppy. There is nothing saying I cant keep the one I got and get another puppy. Nothing is set in stone. I got on here to talk to respectful people. I made this thread to try and find an AKIHO puppy cuz I hear they have the best lineage. But I didnt start this thread to argue with asshole trolls who have a rescue complex. There is nothing wrong with wanting to buy a show quality puppy.
  • did you not read that i have a show quality puppy ? lel ur so cool.
    dmn bro i wanna be just like u.
    could start a puppy recycling business.
    you in?
  • So its ok for you to have one. But its not ok for me to want one. Your a dick. THE PUPPY IS ONLY 13 WEEKS OLD! I know I dont have a big window of time to find him a good home. But fuck! I still have a few weeks BEFORE HIS LIFE IS RUINED OVER IT. SO GET OVER YOURSELF. I STILL HAVE TIME TO DECIDE!
  • why do you want one.
    i mean yea i can have one im tough shit. the fuck are you ?
    do you even league ?
    can you even jungle smiteless???
  • edited April 2015
    What do breeders do just give away puppies they reach 13 weeks old? (Sarcasm) You act like this puppies life will be ruined. Thats so far from the truth it's laughable.
  • nah bro i want him to be rid of you.
    who the fuck wants to live with an angsty tiny dick man?
This discussion has been closed.