Dog friendly beaches in Orange County, CA?

edited February 2015 in General
Could the Southern California forum members advise on beaches we can take our Nihon Ken to?
I've read that Newport Beach has a no dogs policy between 10:00AM and 4:30PM and Laguna Beach is 9:00AM to 6:00PM
Any places with no restrictions in Orange County?

Thanks,
Al

Comments

• edited February 2015
    Newport Beach is a really good one. I've gone a few times, and TBH, getting there in the morning before 10 is nice anyway. Arrive on the beach sometime between 8 and 9, then go to breakfast at Charlie's (pet friendly patio, great food) at 10.... A+!

Huntington Dog Beach is *full* of dogs (to the point that walking is difficult)... and even worse behaved/less watched than a dog park so... I avoid it, since many of them are rude and its a problem waiting to happen.
  • I didn't realize Newport beach allowed dogs during certain times....hmmmmm:P

• San Onofre in San Clemente is dog friendly
  • Thanks @PoeticDragon and @laurenmarie! Took the pups to Newport Beach this morning, got there late, around 9:00AM. @PoeticDragon, didn't see your post until later in the day. Will have to try Charlie's. The beach was mostly empty, but it's a nice long beach so a good walk up and back. Kiyomi wanted to chase the birds and Kuma was happy to play around in the sand. There weren't many other dogs/owners there.

@laurenmarie, are you referring to San Onofre State Beach? The brochure says no dogs on the beach or trails...