Oni the Hokkaido spam

edited May 2014 in General

We have been MIA due to tons of good things going on but I wanted to post an Oni and Riley update. Oni is now 1 year and 5 months and a total nut! The Hokka has the most interesting personality. I can't even take a shower without him poking his head in the whole time.

Comments

• It's crazy to think that a few months ago the Shiba was attacking him at any chance he got, they love each other now. And Oni adores him, even after him biting a chunk off his nose!

• I need to get more photos while out on our walks but I always forget to bring my phone so all my pics are just him hanging out

• Handsome fellow!
  • My midnight snuggle bear

• Thank you!! He definitely gets us stopped a lot ;)
  • edited May 2014
    Oni is one cute boy! Out of curiosity, do you know how tall he is and how much he weighs? I feel like Meitou is an uber skinny goober at 19 inches and just finally hit a tad over 39 pounds. He's been sitting at 38.6 forever until recently.

And Riley is cute, too!

Edited to add: How is Oni out on walks?
  • I always felt Oni was shorter and leaner compared to the show Hokkas I see. I think he is about the same as yours to be honest. He likes to graze and eat at weird times. He only eats to survive unlike our Shiba who will eat till he pukes.

On walks he is a ham!! Pulls which I am working on with him, but he has to wear a harness. And he just wants to jet! He also likes to pick things up and carry them with us, like leafs or sticks or pine cones.

Our friends that dog sat got a long lead and had him pulling him on his skateboard and Oni loved it!

How is your boy on walks?
  • That's terrific that the two are good together now. I'm so happy to hear that.
  • Love the pics of Oni and your shiba Riley is beautiful too. :)

Nice to see another Hokkaido and shiba owner. I'd love to have Hokkaido as second dog someday I love the temperament of Hokkaido seen many videos and read a lot on them.

Hope to see more of Oni.
  • Meitou wears a harness on walks since I feel safer with him in it instead of just a collar. He pulls a little and would really like to be able to wander (loves hiking!), but overall he does pretty well. He tends to be reactive to other dogs on leash when we are out walking in neighborhoods, but does fine in stores and events where there are lots of other dogs (like Barn Hunt) and dog classes. He loves to smell things and he goes to the bathroom a lot. And I mean a lot. He poops 3 or 4 times every walk, occasionally less. When he was younger he had days where he would poop way more than that. I think the highest count was 10 times?
  • Meitou wears a harness on walks since I feel safer with him in it instead of just a collar. He pulls a little and would really like to be able to wander (loves hiking!), but overall he does pretty well. He tends to be reactive to other dogs on leash when we are out walking in neighborhoods, but does fine in stores and events where there are lots of other dogs (like Barn Hunt) and dog classes. He loves to smell things and he goes to the bathroom a lot. And I mean a lot. He poops 3 or 4 times every walk, occasionally less. When he was younger he had days where he would poop way more than that. I think the highest count was 10 times?
    What do you feed him?
  • @Shikoku He's fed pretty much all raw now. When he was younger it was a mix of raw and kibble. Meitou doesn't use the backyard to poop in. He saves it all for walks. And I think he doesn't always get it all out at one go because halfway through pooping he stops and tries to run away from it. And I think the activity and all the smells just kind of inspire him.
  • Love Oni!!!
  • I think we need some new pictures of Oni. Because why not? ;)
  • *nudge nudge* Hit us with some updates! ;)
  • I always forget to take my phone on our walks our outdoor playtime, it's usually at night when he is being all cute
  • edited February 2015
    Aaawwweeeeee ♥

• They like watching movies
  • He will pretty much only give kisses to my husband

• Poor Riley (Shiba )