Dogs per household limit

edited December 2010 in Bills, Laws, etc.
So most (if not all) places have a limit of how many dogs (and/or cats) you can have before needing a kennel license. Now is that by street address or family?

Let's say we have a roommate with 2 dogs and we have 3 dogs. The county limit is 4 dogs per household. Would the roommate be included in the household?

Sure I could call the county up and ask but since we don't even have 1 dog (nor do we have a roommate) I don't really want to bother them and make them suspicious of something that's not happening.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Since I'm on the Board of Directors of my HOA, I had to deal with this recently. Now, I'm just talking about my County but they allow for 3 dogs in the home before someone has to apply for a "Multiple Pet License". This license is given to households that have speutered dogs and can not be breeding. I think they also do a home visit to check.

A MPL would allow for as many dogs in the home as is deemed safe by Animal Services. Not sure if your county has this, but mine clearly stated it on their website.
  • It's by zoning for that parcel of land. Street address for the most part.
  • Well doesn't that suck. Looks like I'm moving to Yolo County. You can have up to 10 pet dogs without needing a kennel license haha. (Limit is 5 if you have them for commercial uses).