Pics of my foster AA

I had the pleasure of taking care of a lovely AA boy this weekend. He was so kind and friendly towards all, and I already love the little devil! Haha...

I met with his owners and we went for a walk so I could get a bit familiar with him and they could tell me how they handle him and what I should be aware of and so on. And when we had been walking for an hour, they gave me his leash and said: "Have fun", called their 2 other dogs into the car, waved and took off. I was like: "Eehh?" I have never seen a dog sit quietly and watch their family take off on them. But he seemed quite at ease and was immediately comfortable. I took him home and we went for a walk in the woods and then inside for a while. He took a tour of the house and then lay down and within like 15 minutes, started snoozing...

Then we went to visit a friend of mine who owns a KBD and they hit it off right from the start. I now call her his "girlfriend" ;o) Then today we all went to a big rally for dogs in a park to turn him over to his owners again. He could run loose amongst the others and is enourmously kind and gentle with both cats and small dogs! I'm totally amazed!

We also took him to a petstore and inside he met loads of people who wanted to know more about the breed and we even went by the rodent department, and he completely ignored all of them, even though my friend's KBD was shivering and whining to get at them.

Anyways, a couple of pics as promised ;o)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

With the KBD:
Photobucket

On the way to the rally:
Photobucket

Comments

• Great to hear it went so well! He does look very comfortable with you. It's a shame his owners don't have a better appreciation for him.
  • Lovely dog! Dogs that are that easy to deal with around the rodents in cages and such always amaze me--my Lapphund has too much of a prey drive for that. She would, I think, behave more like the KBD (anytime there are mice in the house, she catches them long before the cat, even).

He sounds like a wonderful dog!
  • He looks--and sounds--like a great dog....I hope he gets to spend more time with you!
  • He's really adorable. I would probably fall in love with him right away too. I'm glad everything went well. Sounds like you may have a friend staying with you quite a bit. :)

Maymay would break open the cages and kill all the rodents in the petstore.
  • He is truly wonderful! And yes, I was very surprised to see, that he ignored the rodents completely, even though he went by their cages at a distance of only half a meter! Amazing... He does not ignore wildlife when he's outdoors though, but most of the time his owners can call him back! I haven't yet been in a situation where I had to call him back, so don't know how he'd react to me calling him... He's quite responsive otherwise, and he's a great boy. His owners have done an amazing job with socialization!!
  • Nice looking Akita! He's a big guy!
  • Yup he's really big! Of course I knew their average size before I met Jason, but it was kind of a surprise anyway. Totally new for me, not to have to bend down to pat the dog :oP Haha...
  • Wow! He's quite the looker! Glad you had a good time :) ~
  • He's so cute and seems so sweet ... I wonder why anyone would abandon such a perfect dog!