White Kai Pups

edited September 2010 in Kai Ken (甲斐犬)

Comments

• Awww white Kai pups are cute. I swear I would take every Kai home with me. I better marry someone who loves Kais as much as me, otherwise he's going to be very upset when Kai pups keep coming in the mail. :P
  • Aww! so cute! I love kai ken pups I think shiba and kai ken are my top favorite pups! =)
  • Adorable! Kai's are starting to become very high on my dog list. :)
  • Awww they are just too cute! :oD I didn't even know kais come in white? Is it because of some gene, that causes dilution of the color or is it a "normal" kai color?
  • White is a recessive gene that pops up every now and again. It's not a recognized color.
  • Okay, so what do they use the white kais for? Not breeding I assume ;o) Just hunting/family dogs?

They are cute though :o)
  • I have read that the white kai began the breed known as the kouyasu ken. There is a book called the Kouyasu ken story and I have read more then a few times that the actual dog in the story is actually a white kai ken. Any one hear this before?
  • It's actually sort of the other way around I think. The Kouyasu Ken were predominantly white dogs, and some think the Kai were descended from, or have some of their blood. Something like that.

But for whatever reason, every once in a while you'll get a white Kai. They used to be culled, but nowadays most breeders just give them away as pets.
  • I'm glad they don't euthanize them anymore! Do they really give them away or are they sold cheap? I'd take a few rather than them being killed ;o) Haha...