Visited Japanese Akitas! (Photos)

edited September 2010 in Akita (秋田犬)
Thanks to those for pointing me in Ben's direction (Kobun Akitas) after my last post! We spoked on the phone for a long time and he also invited me out to see the 3 JAs living with him (Ayame, Kita, and Waka). I drove out with my husband and toddler in tow and we all learned a lot about JA's yesterday at Ben's. Plus, the dogs were just so adorable and sweet--the two females ran up to us with toys dangling from their mouths. So cute!

So anyway, I'll send in my application for a puppy, and Ben knows it'll be about 2-3 years before we're ready for a new pup, but I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait.

Here are some photos from our visit...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Comments

• That third photo is one of the cutest I've ever seen!
  • Thanks for the pics! Love seeing Ben's dogs, and am really glad you got to meet them! I also love that third pic!
  • Thanks for sharing! Looks like a fun time. It is so wonderful that you were able to visit and experience the breed in person. Good luck with the waiting... I know it is hard. :)
  • photos are great and 2/3 years will fly by and before you know it you'll have your new puppy. then you can just over load us with pictures.
  • Thanks! Yep, it's almost silly how excited I am about something that won't happen for a few years. Can't wait!
  • i was same when i was waiting for my boy and i didn't think i could get more excited but everytime i got a email that made getting my puppy closer i got worse, my other half said i was like a child at christmas.
  • Yeah, I can imagine it'd be a lot like Christmas morning. Ah, puppies--they're so much trouble but they're just too cute to resist!
  • How did I not see this post sooner! Waaa thank-you for taking such great pictures and posting about your experience with Ben. Haha I actually just saw this after checking out his website again. I also have about a 2/3 year wait before I can get an Akita. Hopefully life keeps you as busy as it does me so you have some sort of distraction from the wait xD.
  • edited September 2010
    Ben is always a pleasure to talk to and is happy to talk about Akita's any given time, We also waited a few years after Ginger (our last Akita) passed away before we got another one. Its well worth the wait. Our little girl Miyuki (she's a tweeny) is now 5 months and is best friends with our 3 and 7yrs old kids. Good luck