Ulcer like wound near bum -- ruptured anal gland?

Hi guys -- just today we noticed Kaja had some blood near her bum and upon further investigation it seems to be coming from an open sore to the slightly lower left of her bum hole. Internet tells me it might be a ruptured anal gland, but that's not a professional opinion.

I've made an appt at my vet to be seen ASAP however they are closed today (scheduled it online)... is this something that can wait to be looked at, like tomorrow? Or is it an emergency type thing and I should find an emergency vet? Are there things you would recommend to make Kaja comfortable/minimize infection?

Thank you guys!

Comments

• edited April 2018
    I did take Kaja to the vet early the next day and yes, she did have a burst anal gland. However in this case it was good it burst on its own as if it hadn't she would've needed them to do it for her which might have been quite uncomfortable and painful (when it's blocked they can't express it normally). As it is, she wasn't too bothered by it.

Two weeks of antibiotics as well as some pain medication for the first few days and keeping an eye on things... all should be OK :)
  • Good to hear she'll be okay and it's nothing too serious! :)
  • The internet knows everything.