NIPPO Regionals: Aomori

edited November 2016 in Showing, Shows, & Events
Finally got around to posting the pictures from the Aomori Regionals. I took Ajax with me to get some exposure to other intact dogs. I was thinking of showing him in the puppy class at first, but I hadn't finished the paper work and he developed a bunch of scattered bald spots and a case of Balanoposthitis right before the show. As expected the show was mostly shibas, but there was a fair number of shikas. I was surprised to see that Ajax looked as big as if not largest dog there, even though he wasn't even 7 months at the time. The officials were really nice and even measured him at the end of the show when I mentioned that I was worried that he might be oversize. They said he was fine and He wicketed out to exactly 52cm behind the withers.

There were a few Kishu, Shikoku, and Kai, but no Hokkaido or Akita. Here's the ring.

A Kishu

This Kai had a really nice temperament. Unfortunately, I think he got disqualified for being under the NIPPO size. There was also a really stunning aka-tora, but he was very reactive and there was no way to take a picture of him.

Male Shikoku

Female 8 Month-old Shikoku, She was all legs.

Male Shikoku, not competing, his color reminded me of Ahi.

Finally the puppies!

Comments

• Hokkaido, Kai and Akita have their own registries outside of NIPPO, so I am surprised you even saw Kai there!

What a great time it must have been to be there- nice photos! :)