Those Curious Eyes...

I remember Shoushuu's eyes were dark when he was a puppy. His eyes aren't that dark at all right now...they're a medium dark brown. I can SEE him :) .

Kotomi's eyes are REALLY dark...they are a dark dark brown. They look almost black. I've had a very difficult time seeing her eyes...the pupil. I'd have to stare long and hard to "find" them. Then just tonight I noticed that I could actually SEE her eyes at night in artifical light. So it kinda seems like her eyes are lighting up a bit. They'll still be dark, but I can kinda see them now.

So, I'm wondering...all you Shiku owners out there. Were your pup's eyes very dark and then just lighten up a little bit with age?

Curious...

Comments

• edited September 2009
    I couldn't say about your pups, but just to support the idea I wanted to mention that it is the case for grey parrots (yeah they're birds but your post immediately brought this to mind). A grey's eyes are black when they are young, and turn gold as they mature. Included some pictures of Gandalf to show.
    baby Gand at the nurseryGand on the travel cage
  • edited November -1
    yup, thats how you tell if an african grey has matured is by its eye color :) I didn't know if that worked with dogs too though. I've seen it with siberian huskies the most, when the puppy has blue eyes they start out rather dark but as they age the blue color gets much lighter.
  • edited November -1
    Ahi's and Loa's eyes are just as dark as they were as pups.
  • edited November -1
    Tenji's eyes are very dark as they were when he was a pup. No change
  • edited November -1
    Yeah, I don't think that Kuma's changed either...they still are pretty dark.
  • edited November -1
    It might just be contrast between all 3 of my dogs. See, I was use to Lynx's eyes, which are a dark light brown. So when I got Shoushuu...his eyes seemed really dark....but then I got Kotomi and her eyes are even darker then Shoushuu's, lol.

FYI, Shoushuu's eyes didn't change, they're the same dark medium brown color as a pup, but they aren't as dark like I thought they were when compared to Kotomi. Now with Kotomi it could just be a play on lights when I saw them? I don't know...LOL

...okies, so we know it's just me then :) .
  • edited November -1
    S'ok Corina, we know you're crazy. ;) [ that's why you fit in so well with the rest of us nutters ] ~