Kira on her first dog show

edited August 2009 in Other Breeds
Hi there!

To day we took Kira (our Finnish Lapphund) to her first dog show. Actually this was my second one ;)
She did great and got a BIR (best of breed) and a HP (price of Honour). I got a little video here from the show.

Comments

• edited November -1
    Aww, she is so beautiful! :)
    Congrats!
  • edited November -1
  • edited November -1
    Congrats on the show! She's adorable. What is Price of Honour?
  • edited November -1
    Congrats to the both of you! :)
  • edited November -1
    That's wonderful!
  • edited November -1
    That's cool you get to wear shorts! Looks like you had fun.

Nice job and congrats on the win!
  • edited November -1
    Kira's gorgeous! Congrats! ~
  • edited November -1
    Oh wow, congrats!!
  • edited November -1
    Congrats! You guys looks like professionals! :o)
  • edited November -1
    Kira is so adorable. Congrats!
  • edited November -1
    Hehe... thanks Brad, and the rest of ya too :)

The HP (Price of Honour) is a bit different if the dog show is an official or unofficial one. In an unofficial, as this one was, you'll get a HP if your dog is going to compete for the Best of Breed price. If it's an official dog show the HP is given to dogs with certain qualities... So it's kind of a special price. I'm not really sure what it's called in english :)
  • edited November -1
    Oh cool! The spelling in English is PRIZE, but your explanation makes it clear. That is awesome for you and Kira. Did Vigo get to go watch his sister compete?
  • edited November -1
    There aren't too many Lapphunds here so it is nice to see one on the forum. I have always wanted to meet one in person.

The show looked relaxing, with nice weather so Martin you look like you are enjoying it.
    Good luck with Kira in the future.
    Snf
  • edited November -1
    Kristin: Opps... sorry :) I'm not that good in spelling I guess. This was a funny misspelling actually :) We didn't bring Viggo this time. We thought it would be nice for Kira to be the only dog for once. But in the next compete (19th of september) we will bring them both and they will both take part in the ring.

Patrice: Well I guess that the Lapphunds are not that common outside Scandinavia. Yes it was a relaxed show and I must admit that I actually enjoyed it. But I don't think we will travel across the whole country for dog shows. The local ones will be just fine for us.
  • edited November -1
    Kira is absolutely stunning, it's interesting to learn about showing dogs from you guys on the forums, the videos really interesting, looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
  • edited November -1
    Thanks Claire! Well... you shouldn't have me as a learning example :) This was my second dog show. But the next month it's time for no. 3 :D