Comments

• edited November -1
    I like the camel & the buffalo - the others are a bit much for me.
  • edited November -1
    The only one I actually kinda liked was the Steelers one! lol
  • edited November -1
    That to me is a form of animal cruelty. I would never dye my dog (minus the time I ACCIDENTALLY spilled kool aid on Sake and she had red spots).

I don't see a purpose to this and it kinda makes me want to vomit.
  • edited November -1
    That's why I like the camel & buffalo - the fur isn't dyed. In Colorado, it is considered animal cruelty to paint the fur of a dog.
  • edited November -1
    I don't see why it would be criminal if the dye is safe. I wouldn't do it but hey, whatever floats your boat..

It beats the people who never bring their dogs in to be groomed save the 2x a year when it's horribly matted and needs to be shaved down.. :S
  • edited November -1
    That's just freaking weird! The buffalo one is kind of scary.
  • edited November -1
    Why dye though?! Why not just buy a costume for your dog and dress it up?!?! I think it's a little over the line.
  • edited November -1
    there's this lady who lives around us wtih a white poodle/bichon whatever it is that dyes its ears purple . The lady and the dog are MISERABLE. The dog seriously does not look like it's happy nor does it look healthy. I think the lady does it to distract from the fact the rest of the dog looks horrid. I don't find any of these pics art, why can't they do soemthing like that with a tree or bush or something?
  • edited August 2009
    Not really into costumes for dogs, they can't be comfortable. The Bison and Camel look super realistic-that's amazing. I have little doubt that the poodles in this competition actually enjoy the process, they are funny as in strange that way.

The dyes are usually vegetable dyes, not really a fan of that either.
  • edited November -1
    Haha, I think it's a subjective judgment to decide what's over the top or not. Some think having a forum discussing what your dog ate or what's best for their teeth is insane, too.. ..

That being said 2 of our 3 dogs have clothes like sweaters and winter jackets. Lilith with her double coat doesn't need them, but she's the only one. Luna our Minpin starts shaking when its below 60F out..
  • edited November -1
    Turning your dog into a fashion accessory? Kind of weird I would say. Spend those ours running and swimming with them, they may prefer it a whole lot. I have no question about the love these people have for their pets, but to much is probably to much. A Poodle is originally a real good hunting dog, at least it used to be. So in my opinion, these owners are a little bit of track. Animals are animals, and need to be respected as well and not to be abused for amusement. But again, I don't question the love these people have for their animals. Many people don't take care as much as these people do. Just odd....
  • edited November -1
    I suppose as long as the dogs are happy and the dyes (and whatever else they use) aren't harmful there are worse ways they could be treating their dogs but it's not something I'd ever do or find particularly attractive. Some of those look awful but the better ones are at the very least impressive. I don't see the buffalo ones face, do you think it can see?
  • edited November -1
    I was looking at a Poodle the other day, and they just kind've freak me out anyways. Have you ever noticed how they stare down at your dog sideways. It's just wierd.
  • edited November -1
    Just... wow...

Poodles have always kinda creeped me out anyway, and those ones... yikes...
  • edited November -1
    ROFL at Tara's comment..I personally don't fancy them either, the first dog Spuds ever went crazy on was a standard poodle at a dog park, with the huge frilly top and it freaked her out hehe. Poor poodle didn't understand why the little white rabbit like thing was getting all agressive ast it stared down at her. Of course I ran over and told Spuds to stop it, meanwhile laughing inside.