The Misadventures of Princess Henrietta Houdini Von Rubenstein aka Ruby

edited August 2009 in Other Breeds
I haven't bee posting much about our newest family member.

Those of you that look at my flickr photostream have at least seen Ruby has grown some, and she and Miko are truly the best of friends.

She has only one flaw. And I am hesitant to call it a flaw. Frankly it is rather impressive.

In our house each dog has an ex-pen screwed down to some flooring with a kuranda bed inside and plenty of play space. This has worked for Miko smashingly. And it worked for Ruby for the first month or two.

However in the last few weeks, Ruby has deemed it too confining for her. So When I come home from work or get up in the morning or a walker has come to take the girls out, we have discovered Ruby either in Mikos pen with Miko or on the couch. I actually caught her escaping yesterday. The little bugger is jumping over the 3 foot gate. To quote Anchorman "I am not even angry, I am impressed".

Today though the little punk earned a ceiling for her pen. I had a meeting in Boston. I was only gone for 3 and a half hours. When I came home, I found her on the couch. She had pooped in her pen. Then hopped in Miko's pen and peed on Mikos bed (really an asshole move) and then hopped out and napped on the couch.
Tonight we will be installing a ceiling to her pen. We will see if anything can contain her little wandering spirit.

The good news I guess is of the two dogs Ruby is the one that the cats really like, so if someone is wandering about I am sure the cats are happy it is her.

Comments

• edited November -1
    Wow! Miss Ruby, you have done it now!
    Still cute as a button and all the more amazing for her real life agility!

(But be nice to your sister, Rubes!)
  • edited November -1
    Ha ha ha welcome to my world Jessica! You have to kind've give it to them though. It takes talent and perseverance to defy containment.

The only thing is...why does it always end up with them pooping and/or peeing on something? She could've simply jumped out.
  • edited November -1
    Hahahah. Good luck with the ceiling construction.
  • edited November -1
    LOL! What a little escape artist!
    While I hope that the ceiling will solve your "problem", I have to say part of me is rooting for her :-P
  • edited November -1
    Is that her full name?

I think it's funny how she spread the "love" around. At least she didn't pee on the couch/poop on your bed/ and then lay in Miko's pen.

What was Miko's reaction to all this?
  • edited November -1
    When she hops in Mikos pen to cuddle Miko is happy to have the company. When I came home to a puddle in Mikos bed she looked kinda bummed. And now Miko is being quite the horses ass.
  • edited November -1
    LOL, Ruby rocks.
  • edited November -1
    Silly Miko. Your girls are such a good pair Jess.
  • edited November -1
    LOL! Well, she is definitely an impressive pup. :-D
  • edited November -1
    LOL, Ruby is such a jerk messing up both pens to prove a point. Hopefully the ceiling works
  • edited November -1
    That's too funny! Wow with the name Jessica!
  • edited November -1
    The name is a byproduct of my girlfriend Amy and I observing her hijinks and thinking it warranted a name befitting.
  • edited November -1
    yeah totally missed it at first.
  • edited November -1
    LOL, that little pibble is adorable! Hopefully the ceiling works for her :P. She is an impressive little doggie though!
  • edited November -1
    Can you detach and wash the kuranda bed fabric or do you just rinse them off?

What a smart little punk :) How tall are your expens by the way? Sort of curious what it takes to keep your two girls contained.
  • edited November -1
    They are three feet tall. I soak the beds in natures miracle and the put them in a bathtub with HOT water. That seems to work. I don't disassemble the beds because it would take HOURS to put them back together.