Talk about loving a dog!

RyuRyu
edited August 2009 in Other Breeds
A man rescued his dog from a 7 ft alligator and lost the better part of two fingers! Ouch!

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/32101779#32101779

Comments

• edited November -1
    He's quite the inspiration!

That'd probably be my same reaction too, if anyone tried to hurt or eat my loved ones. I wouldn't be strong enough to tackle a gator though...but I'd think of something to jam in it's mouth and quickly.
  • edited November -1
    That guy gets a lot of respect from me.

It's one of those situations where you only know what you'll do once you're in it, and no one wants to be in it.
  • edited November -1
    That's an amazing story. I'd probably get fingers bitten off too though. Dawn would probably rip the gators tail off and beat it over the head. She's pretty scary when she gets mad!
  • edited November -1
    What a great story, it's amazing though that some people wouldn't understands the length we would go for our furbabies.

What would be really sick is if the family decided that they couldn't keep the dog any more
  • edited November -1
    love the tshirt on the fuzzy pup.
  • edited November -1
    lol yeah, I was wondering why she was wearing a t-shirt, but they shaved down her middle (I guess to check/ clean the cuts/ do stitches?) so she'd probably need the shirt for sun protection. Smart people.
  • edited November -1
    i think it's to prevent the dog from scratching itself as well. I read about it when i was looking for alternatives for the cone after Spud's spay.