Isabella the white boxer. New Bella pup pictures

2»

Comments

• edited March 2009
    Yesterday me and my mom took the two dogs to the park which she did pretty well was excited to see so many people, kids, and dogs so it was nice to give her some new experiances. She got scared of some skate boarders, but after awhile she was better and she wanted to see every person that walked by, but she got a little better at it and just walked with us I think my heel training is working pretty well also I saw a black & tan shiba inu it was pretty cute I just watched it walked by I was amazed to see it because it's my first time seeing one in person.

After the park we went to the petshop to pick up a couple of mice for my snakes, dog food, and some dog treats on the way out Bella wanted to play with a toy at the store so we bought it for her a stuffed fox toy I think it's her favorite one her second one is her hedgehog toy.

So far the only problem I need to work on is jumping on people she doesn't do it on me because when she first did it a few times to me I ignored her intill she was calm so she now knows she needs to be calm to get pet by me. My dad lets her jump on him and it's hard to convince him to not allow it I hope to get her out of this habbit soon.

Today I'm taking her to the vet for a check up she did well on her first visit so I'm sure this one will be good too also the vet says she can be spayed at 5 months my dad is kinda not sure about it at that age so is 5 month I'm kinda at the same boat too I thought most vets did it at 5month and my last female we did it after her first heat we didn't get spayed at 6month. I just saw this thread so reading it helped me a bit I'll research this a bit more about this. http://www.nihonken.org/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=3324&page=1#Item_0

Thanks again for all the nice comments I hope to get some more pictures of her to upload soon sadly today might rain so we might just get one walk in, but I don't mind I'll just use the extra time to play with her and do some training. =)

Well I'm back from the vet and Bella did well her ears, teeth, and everything looked fine she took her shots pretty well and we had to wait a bit in the waiting area and a lady with her scottie dog came in and Bella and the scottie named Cooper played a little I was so happy to see the Cooper come up so nicely and the two did a butt sniff and started playing. =)
  • edited March 2009
    I have a 2 1/2 female boxer. We had her spayed at 6 months and she is happy and healthy. Please be absolutely sure that your vet does not use ACEPROMAZINE. Acepromazine (acepromazine maleate, acetylpromazine, ACE, ACP) is commonly used in veterinary medicine as a tranquilizer or pre-anesthetic agent. Many boxer owners and vets who are familiar with the boxer breed will steer clear of this drug. It has a tendency to severly decrease the heart rate of boxers and can cause respiratory arrest.
  • edited March 2009
    Thanks for the advice Romi I'll be sure to ask the vet this I don't want to cause any trouble for the little girl.

Here's an update sorry haven't posted anything been busy with playing with her, training her, walking, and other things so here's some pictures that I've taken over the months I really wish I dated them on each folder I forgot.

She weighs around 29 pounds and she's doing better with comming when called and yesterday we had to get her a new harness her old one was getting to small.

The first picture is my mom's favorite and the second one she has a Mardi Gras bead on to celebrate it also 7 and 8 is pictures of her new monkey toy I also got a kitty toy for my shiba inu. =)
  • edited November -1
    oh wow!!! LOVE these pics!!!!!!!
  • edited November -1
    <3 daw
  • edited April 2009
    Thanks for the nice comments so far training is going well she knows sit, down, right paw, and working on left paw, rollover she's doing alot better with learning to come of coarse there's time when she wants to play outside and not com, but I'm working on it she's only a puppy.
  • edited April 2009
    Well yesterday I took Bella to petsmart for their birthday thing she had a good time sadly it was raining out I wanted to bring a little towel to dry her when I got in, but I forgot. I got a picture taken with her and played, I got a little goodie bag that had some coupons with some dog stuff and cat stuff, and did a musical sit game with her which she almost won, but the young pitbull won some reason the pit didn't like the treats they gave the owner he kept dropping them so Bella got a little distracted at the end, but she did so good since there was other dogs in the area she followed me and sat so well intill the end.

She met alot of dogs she went right up to a mastiff which was huge compared to her, but they both were fine they sniffed each other, she met a pitbull, siberian husky, welsh corgi, puppy lab or golden retreiver, a puppy schnauzer which she played well with, and a baby GSD/lab mix the puppy was so small, but Bella behaved and just sniffed her.

She was sleeping on the way home in the car and when we got home she went crazy and was running everywhere then she got some water and fell asleep I'm so glad she had a good time there and was well behaved with all the dogs.

One question I saw this one husky and it looked like it's eyes had a red tint to it from an angle is that normal or a sign of something?
  • edited November -1
    A red tint like blood? Or a red tint like an amber color?

Sounds like a nice day for Bella. She is getting big.
  • edited November -1
    I think tint like blood on an ceasar episode I watched there was this husky that would bit his owners on walks and go for dogs, and the owners said their huskey would get a red tint in his eyes also I can't wait till they air new shows of it's me or the dog. April 27 I think there's a special on puppy mills on animal cops its on a pennsylvania one I emailed a few people I know about it they don't own dogs, but hopefully they'll watch it more people that know about this the less people will support it I couldn't believe when me and my mom was talking about puppymills my brother didn't even know what that was. Really sorry for going off topic..

I only was able to get two pictures she was so excited so it was hard to control her and hold a camera.

Yeah she is getting big last time I tried to weigh her she weighed 34 pounds also it seems she might be getting the hint to go outside she'll sit by the front door and stairs and whine so I let her outside and she does her stuff and comes in.
  • edited November -1
    cute puppy!
  • edited November -1
    Well this morning we took her to the vet to be spayed then me and my mom went over to check on her she's doing fine she missed us alot she gave lots of kisses when we visited her and we'll pick her up the next day which I hope she'll behave and stay calm for the rest of the week.

I can't wait to get her back the house is so silent without her..
  • edited November -1
    She's so cute! I would miss her too!
  • edited November -1
    such a sweet face
  • edited November -1
    She is beautiful! Wow she grew so much.... Hard to believe she was a chubby puppy just two months ago.
    Good wishes for a quick recovery....she should bounce back really quickly. The younger dogs usually do and you have hold them back to keep
    them from running around too much the first week.

Snf
  • edited November -1
    Best wishes for miss Isabella to have a quick and easy recovery!
  • edited May 2009
    We got her back yesterday she slept most of the day got up for lunch and to go potty and when Mom came home she was a bit more herself we kept her on a leash to make sure she doesn't chase after dink or jump on anyone though I can see through the week she'll be pretty active, but I'll be sure to keep her calm. =)

I have a few more pictures also Bella crate should be here today or tomarrow so that'll be good I'll be sure to make it comfy.
  • edited November -1
    Glad that she is home and doing well!
  • edited May 2009
    Thanks her crates here I got it all set up and stuff got two fleece blankets in it for now we plan to get a nice bed later so far she's walked in it and took some treats I hid in there. She is a little nervous in it at first, but she is doing much better now she looks more confident in it I'll probably give her kong with some treats in it later on.

I kinda wished I got my mom to get the triple door one I think with that one you can remove the doors which a handy when it's being used as a bed, but luckily the side door stays open pretty well so it should be fine and I think I set the thing ok there's two things on one of the sides, but I'm not sure of it goes into the crate wires or something else.

This'll be my first time crate training, but I'm sure it'll go fine I'm ordering one for Saya in a few weeks the site on classy kennels homepage says she's due on the first of May so I can't wait to see pictures of the fluffballs. ^_^

Bella is sleeping on the couch right now so here's the picture of the crate I'm not sure if this is for anything or is it just to hold the crate together when it's folded up?
  • edited November -1
    No spam today she's healing up nicely and I was wondering which would be better for a boxer a gentle leader or a halti?

She's a puller sometimes I've gotten her to not pull fine, but if she see a bird, bee or anything flying around she jerks and pulls and sometimes she pulls to get grass to eat which I don't want her to eat that stuff.

I never used these things before, but I wished I knew about that stuff when I had my old dogs they were bad pullers so I want Bella to not pull so bad when she see anything she wants to chase.

She is good with the leave it command, but with grass and weeds she'll just keep going for them sometimes though she is usually bad when I'm walking with my mom and Dink if it's just me she's pretty much a perfect dog on the leash.
  • edited November -1
    Since she is a boxer, and somewhat of a flat faced dog, I wouldn't use a head halter on her. They tend to have a greater chance of slipping off shorter noses. Plus I wouldn't trust putting any sort of pressure on these types of nasal passages, I feel it would greater strain breathing through the nose.

I'd go more with the no pull body harness types, in your case, as there would be no pressure on the nose and can still work pretty well
  • edited November -1
    Thanks for the help my mom wanted to get the gentle leader head halter, but I didn't really want it she got it anyways, but Bella seems to not like it as much so I think I'll try to convince my mom into the harness ones I know gentle leader's company has a halter one is there any recamondations on a harness to use I've read some of these harness ones can rub the skin some.

last Monday we took her to the park to watch a ball game we walked around the park for a few times then I sat down with her to watch my cousin's game she behaved really well. Alot of the people watching the game commented how well behaved Bella is and a few kids came up to pet her she did good with them one girl made her excited must be that high pitch voices that gets her going, but she mostly waged her tail alot and no jumping except for one time, but after I told her no she behaved. I really wish I brought a camera she had such a great time and on our walk after the ball game there was a husky puppy with it's owner both the husky and Bella wanted to see eachother, but the owners didn't ah well alot of people had asked if Bella is a pitbull or a english bull dog. =)

We got a little baby pool to play in since it's been pretty warm I can't wait to see how she does with it hopefully I can get some good pictures of her playing in it too.
  • edited November -1
    That little hooky thing on the bottom of the crate is to hold it all together when its all collapsed. After you fold it all up, snap the hook over the edge and it wont fall open when you pick it up if you take it somewhere. :) And a word from the experienced- even though it is round, it hurts if you step on it barefoot...
  • edited November -1
    I think Beth hit it on the nose. ha ha ha pun intended. I'm in a goofy mood today bear with me. Boxers are pullers and jumpers. It's good that you are working on that early.

My friends use a gentle leader on Roxy, the Boxer, and she does well. When she begins to pull, they turn 45 degrees sharply while walking. She looks at them like they are super crazy, but doesn't like it at the same time. Usually when she is pulling she is focused straight in front of her on something exciting and them turning her really gets annoying, but it has corrected her behavior. She still doesn't do well on a collar though. Not sure if she ever will.
  • edited November -1
    Well three days ago my dad and my mom took her in our pond she did good she just stayed in the shallow area and jumped around and walked exploring things we kept a bowl of fresh water to give her water breaks she didn't drink any of the pond water so that's good she would go to the dock and get her fresh water.

we had a ball for her to play with in the yard so she went and brought the ball into the grassy area in the pond and left it there which my dad went to get the ball and he lost one of his water shoes funny thing the ball probably costed $6 and his shoes $28 ah well.

Yesterday we took Bella with us to the park my little cousin had a baseball game so I walked her around the park for a bit then sat in my chair to watch the game. Bella was the center of attention all the little kids wanted to pet her and she kissed and wiggled when she got pet she's doing 100x better with her jumping problem. She also met two black labs one was an adult the other is the same age as Bella, but alot bigger compared to her I wished I had to camera to take pictures of the meeting anyways she did good after the initial greet and sniff she and the puppy started to play the older lab didn't join in, but it was nice to see Bella play good with another dog.

Once the ball game was over we took Bella to petsmart she was super excited and she saw a weste highland I think, but she was kinda afraid of it so we went on and then she met a mini schnauzer named Zoey which Bella loved, but Zoey was not sure for a little bit, but she warmed up to Bella also Zoey's owner loved Bella she commented how cute she is. Once we were done we got Bella a life jacket, a toothbrush with toothpaste, and some MangoTango Earthbath shampoo.

She loves her life jacket she looks so cute in it once I get the camera's memory card back from my mom I'll have to take pictures of Bella with her jacket on now she's ready to swim she loves her baby pool and she did venture into the deeper part of the pond with my mom a little which she doggy paddled calmly so I think with the life jacket she'll look like a pro water boxer! lol

My dad has been horrible he allows her to jump on him all the time when he greets her and he even hit at her when he was eating cheese and crackers she came up to him and was sniffing the food I got mad and said something to him about the proper way to work with her so far he's behaving himself I don't want Bella to be hand shy. I know he payed for the dog, but I'm the one training the dog, grooming her, walking her, and playing with her so I feel I own her more all he does is be nice to her when he's in the mood if he's not in the mood he doesn't want nothing to do with her.. ah well Sorrry I vented a little I guess the only good thing is my brother doesn't try to scare Bella anymore.

I promise I'll get some pictures up soon she weighs about 40 or 44 pounds I forgot. =)
  • edited July 2009
    Here's a couple of pictures of her she's so big now, but I think this will be her size I don't want her to heavy. lol

Since we have gotten Bella her friend Saya she's much calmer in the evenings and she even misses her when we too Saya to see my grandfather.

I think my mom's starting to see it my way with taking her to obediance so we'll do that soon which I can't wait she's done well with training everyday with me, but it'll be nice to get some help with some things and get her more better with the tricks.

We've been letting her off leash in our field area and training her to come we only use special treats which she loves them. She has been doing well with it at the first week I used a 50 foot leash and after that I've been able to allow her to go without the leash.

She's doing great with her housetraining no peeing or anything I plan to get a couple of poochie bells to teach her and Saya to use to let us no if they need to go out I can't wait till Saya gets all her shots so we can take the dogs to the park and to the downtown area for a walk and to meet some people. =)
  • edited August 2009
    I haven't posted much pictures of my ice princess Bella and today we went to the lake for a party so I thought I would post a few pictures of Bella.

She is about 8months old and last time she got weighed she was 48 pounds I'm not sure if she still is, but she might be in the 50. She's a big girl and thinks she's a lap dog. lol

She's doing great with her training and stuff she crawls really well and does rollover the people at the lake party had a good time watching her do her thing.

The first picture is me and Bella, second is the two pups on the way home all worn out and sleeping, the last pictures are Bella home sleeping.
  • edited November -1
    So wrinkly and adorable. I just want to give her kisses. I love her brown ear.
  • edited August 2009
    Well Bella will be a year old on November 20th there's alot of birthdays on that month I was born on Nov. 2 and my two brothers were born sometime in Nov. so when we do a party for us I'll have to make something special for the dogs to celebrate Bella's first year with us I can't wait!

Sorry I didn't post this before, but anyways here's the pictures I took at the breeders No pictures of the daddy sorry I forgot to. =\

First picture is Bella's brother and sister the boy is on the right and girl left they were so excited to get attention from some new people barking and jumping around they knocked their water bowl over.

Second picture is her other sister boxer pups are so cute.

Third picture is Bella herself she really liked me alot she'd walk over to me and box at my hands and she loved to cuddle with me I think it was my fleece sweater she liked.

Fourth picture is of Bella's mom she was a nice boxer mom Bella is in the pic too trying to get some milk. lol

Fith and sixth pic is me cuddling with Bella.

Seventh picture is of her mom her name is Tator she is a sweet boxer very wiggly and friendly it was hard to get a good picture of her she kept moving lol

Bella grew up so quick I miss her puppy days already, but she's still cute and very obediant her recall I'd say went from a 50 to a 85 now and she's very good with her tricks she'll rollover, crawl, and speak with no problems everyone thinks she's so cute when she does it. She's doing alot better on her walks she'll pull when she see a bunny, but she calms down better also her bit marks from Saya are healing very well and Saya is not bitting there as bad.

Today my mom gets back from her california vacation with her dad I can tell Bella misses her alot and when she comes home she's going to be so happy when she gets here. =)