Shao New gets attacked by a Yorkie *rant*

edited July 2009 in Other Breeds
OK, just had to vent about these Yorkie owners...now don't get me wrong, I LOVE terriers, I grew up with a carin terrier / chiuahua mix and she was smart and super manipulative...anyway back to present day Yorkie owners...

My neighbor leaves her dog out as punishment or something-- she does this quite often and a few times in the heat and Matthew wanted to go rescue this Yorkie and bring it inside to our Apt just so it doesn't pass out...well, no more...it was out today, and Shao New needed to go out (probably smelled the other dog), so I brought her out, friggin psycho terrier was out, lunged at Shao New, and was at biting at her neck. So Pup seriously had no clue what was happening and just stared down toward her neck like "huh? I don't get it.."

Meanwhile I'm trying to pull both of them apart with both arms pulling, and of course this frigging Yorkie is on a retractable leash so it was useless. I was just about to pick up the Yorkie when my neighbor comes out and says, oh! sorry. Now if you know your dog is dog aggressive and your neighbors have a puppy that goes out often why would you put it out there?

That and most yorkie owners around me freak when they see the "husky" and pick their dog up and go the other way..

anyway, that's my rant, as I type this we just allowed her to go up on the sofa and now she's doing zoomies on the sofa, she's pretty agile!

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Ugh, I think that's about the same for all ill-behaved dogs, small or big, terrier or not.. unfortunately :( One time my old neighbor left her dog in the unfenced yard and it ran out and bit Lantis as we were walking.... Lantis just sat down and looked sad.. :( It was a Labrador/ APBT mix.

I hope you feel better Irene. :(
  • edited November -1
    I have one word for you. PUNT! (or Free Kick for Matthew)
  • edited November -1
    Poor pups...I hate stupid people
  • edited November -1
    While I would NEVER condone any form of animal abuse and know that it is the stupidity of the owner rather than the dog that made that Yorkie a terror, I thought I'd illustrate Joe's post.
  • edited November -1
    I dunno guys, I don't think I could successfully punt my neighbor, I'd hit the post. Perhaps it is better for Matthew to take the free kick instead ;-) lol thanks for letting me rant guys...there are so many stupid people out there that do the dumbest things and wonder why their dog is a terror...truth be told I'd be too if I were stuck in that apt with the crazy lady!
  • edited November -1
    2 words: stupid neighbor

There used to be 2 dachshunds where we live and they were always off-leash with their owner on the cell phone (what else...). One of them always charged at Mochi so I was used to having my foot ready to kick that dog if I really had to defend myself. All I heard from the owner was: "oh im so sorry..." yeah. whatever. they moved away :D
  • edited November -1
    Obuk, what's sad is had our dogs bit back all hell would have broken loose and our dogs would get the blame b/c they'd cause more damage. I don't know what I'd do next time, I can't bring myself to hit another dog b/c its owners are stupid, but then again it's my job to defend our crazy Spuddy..maybe I'll go straight for its jugular too and tell it "NO"...My dad said I should freak out and scream OMG he bit me! (Just to be a jerk and have them think they'll get sued)...I laugh ..but it might work!
  • edited November -1
    the "OMG he bit me!" might work... lol Well, like I said, I would have only kicked the dog if he had actually attacked us.
  • edited November -1
    yeah that omg he bit me would be hysterical. You should get some fake blood! I would never hit some one elses dog, unless it was to protect myself, Dawn, or Katsu from serious harm. Love the punt pic Santuza, maybe matthew can "bend it like beckham".
  • edited November -1
    Excellent! I prefer soccer anyway.
  • edited November -1
    don't you mean football? ;)
  • edited November -1
    lol, Santuzza it must be labeled as football..3 years of being married to an Englishman has taught me, soccer is not a word, it's "football" ;-P
  • edited November -1
    if you had married someone from australia you could've called it soccer.