Shikoku Dog Club

Hi there

I am wondering if anyone is interested in helping with the National Shikoku Club of America?  We would love to have new members and officers.  I apologize for not getting the site for the club up and running...for lack of time.   This should really be a group effort and I would like to have your input in the further development of this breed club.   There are a few issues already on the agenda for the next meeting.

Any takers? 

LaughingPeggy

Comments

• edited November -1
    I don't own a Shikoku, but I would love helping organize health records and keeping a database of occurances and verfied (vet verified and documented) health and temperament problems or issues (even witnessed to see a syndrome?). But I think there may be someone far more qualified to do this as I don't own a Skikoku. I a would be happy to help. You all on the forum seem very attentive to your dogs:-}}}

Britain
  • edited November -1

Peggy,

I'll help with anything.  Areas of strength are organization and economics.

• edited November -1

LOL! I should've read this post before adding my comments to the AKC recognition one!

Yes, Peggy! I'm game.

• edited November -1

I would love to help - I can help w/ the website as well... I have a CMS [content management system] that I wrote - I think it would probably help you manage the content of the site more easily.

• edited November -1

I'll help too.

• edited November -1
    Do you think I can join w/o even having a family member of a Shikoku???

Humbly,
    Britain
  • edited November -1
    I would be more involved, but I'm Canadian, so I don't know how that would bode for me...
  • edited November -1
    It could be called the Shikoku Club of North America, thereby eliminating the concerns that the initials are the same as the National Shiba Club.  The International Shikoku Club - if we wanted to include members from Europe and Japan.
  • edited November -1

Thanks for everyone's support!  It was originally my intention to create a club that is open to anyone who is interested in the protection and preservation of the Shikoku dog  (ownership of the breed is not required).  Also because of the breed's UKC status, I also wanted the scope of the club to include all of North America.  The Pres. of National Shiba Club of America [NSCA]recently contacted me and asked if we can change the name of the club from National Shikoku Club of America [NSCA] to something else.  I think the abbreviation is the concern.  She suggested the Shikoku Club of America [SCA].  I like the sound of Shikoku Club of North America[SCNA], Jen.

• edited May 2007
    Yeah, the SCNA seems to fit better, there doesn't seem to be any other canine organizations under that abbr.
  • edited November -1
    That sounds like a great name.
  • edited November -1
    I like that.  I'm willing to help.
  • edited November -1
    I'll help.
  • edited November -1

My idea for the name:

Shikoku Beikoku Hozonkai (American Shikoku Club) or just SBH for short.

• edited November -1

Oh you mean, like BSA (Beikoku Shiba Inu Aikokai)? Tis a separate association though from the National Shiba Inu Club of America. Only Nippo registered would be allowed.

If we were to do a name like that I would think that all our Shikoku should also be Nippo registered. OR, if we all agree, we can still use a SBH as brad suggested (I like having it in Japanese) and keep it completely SEPARATE from AKC, never intergrate.

Peggy were you planning on intergrating with AKC eventually with this particular club?

-starts separate topic for a vote-

Brad, I know that the Akita have a specialty, I think at the same place the BSA specialty was this past March (I was there! Tis Japanese style showing and judging with Japanese judge). Is the Akita specialty there (South Gardena Park) also separate from AKC, like a Beikoku Akita Honzonkai???