Hokkaido in the USA?

2»

Comments

• edited March 2009
    I second what Sophie says about Hokkas not necessarily being aggressive, but they do not like certain dominant dogs. Kangai gets into it every now and then with my Shiba being Keira tries to push her buttons and Kangais not one for running away and backing down. Kangai loves all male and female dogs and has not once tried to fight another dog. She however loves chasing my cats, and I have 3! She is a bit skiddish sometimes around new things or places, but she gets past it pretty quickly. They are definitely dogs that need to be owned by strong minded owners. They will give you a run for your money but they are worth the chase I think :) Also Kangai has never been agressive to any human being or child, expect for the fact she likes to jump on anyone new that comes in the door, but she doesnt know any better and we are trying to correct that. She has a mind of her own thats for sure =-)
  • edited November -1
    Thanks Jaime,
    How are Hokkaido pups in comparison to Shiiba when it comes to chewing?
  • edited November -1
    Hey Jamie! We need more Kangai spam ;)
  • edited November -1
    Hi Jamie, great to hear from you! :) Reagrding chewing, it depends. Kiba likes to grab item and run with it, JaJa together with Amandil is our litlle destroyer. They like to chew, and they have destroyed several my shoes, socks and books. She likes to grab items from table. When she want to go for walk, she grabs something and starts to run around me
  • edited November -1
    My question as to destroying socks, books etc. are they doing this even though they are crate trained? I ask because that is one of the things I love about Akita inu and crate training. No chew marks on anything.
  • edited November -1
    To be honest our dog are not crate trained - I know that I should do that, to prevent their destructible tendencies. They are left alone to run freeily around the house when we are in work.
  • This post comes up as the top search result in Google for Hokkaido breeders in California for some reason.

So I just want to say, we have decided to add Hokkaido to our kennel and begin breeding next year! Full announcement is here: http://www.kaijukennels.com/hokkaido-ken-kaiju-kennels/
  • There's also that fake Hokkaido breeder who is selling Shibas as Hokkaido in Cali. FYI.