Isabella the white boxer. New Bella pup pictures

edited January 2009 in Other Breeds
Well my parents are getting a boxer puppy she's white with a brown ear on her left or right I forgot, but we'll be picking her up on this sunday so I'll be sure to bring a camera to take lots of pictures of her and once she settles down I'll post them also there's a shiba inu breeder on the way to pick her up so I'm going to visit them to check them out on the way to the boxer breeder I can't wait. =)

Comments

• edited November -1
    Make sure to take pictures at the breeder's also. :) We looooooove spam!

And congrats to your parents on their new puppy!
  • edited January 2009
    Well we got her yesterday she whimpered at first in the car, but after awhile she fell asleep and pretty much slept on my lap the whole time going home waking up a few times to change positions and lick my face a little.

She's been pretty good so far our mix dog so far is doing ok a few times she didn't like the puppy using her tail as a play toy, but the two are doing alot better today I'll try to upload a few more pictures tonight or tomarrow I'm keeping an eye on her for my parent's she hasn't had any accidents yet so that's good I think she'll grow up to be a good dog though I need to teach my older brother to not allow her to bite his hands or toes not a good behavior when she grows up..

I also having her switch to wellness food and so far she's eating her old food and her new food very good can't wait till she's fully transitioned to it she seems to love the taste of it so far.
  • edited November -1
    wow - so freaking cute! :o)

Reminds me of Captain Jack!

----
  • edited November -1
    Aww..she is super cute! Just FYI, be sure to teach her not to jump up starting at a young age. Boxers really do "box" and when they get excited to see someone, they use their paws to jump up and box at the person. Usually for guys - it hits them in a VERY sensitive area! Congrats on the new addition!
  • edited November -1
    Yeah I know about their boxing ability my white boxer pearl did that when she was young. She learned to not jump and she boxed a little when she got too excited as she grew older she was alot better, but my dad's brown boxer was horrible he was never taught to not jump which my dad would allow him to do that and he wondered why the kids liked my pearly better.

I'll keep an eye on Izabella as she grows up and hopefully my dad will follow by the rules and not allow jumping like he did with his last boxer and hopefully he'll leave my shiba inu alone he already messed up a little with bella by mixing the wellness puppy food with the purina puppy chow instead of mixing it little by little he says he's spent years training german shepherds when he was in the army, but that's a whole different thing a puppy is much different from a adult dogs especially after having such a stressfull time comming from one place to another luckily she hasn't had too much of a problem her poop is fine.

I know he might mean well, but I showed him the instructions on transitioning a puppy to new food and he didn't listen also on her first day he kept buging her to eat her food every 15 minutes and told my mom to get ground beef so she would eat it luckily my mom talk him out of it plus he woke me up at 3 in the AM to get Bella and she was sound asleep intill he was knocking at the door I hope tomarrow he'll give Bella more space when she eats and drinks.

I'm sorry if I rambled a little it just bugs me we pay for the wellness puppy food and the purina puppy chow food to transition her to her food and he wants to add ground beef to it also he wanted to buy dog vitamens for her I'm sure wellness has enough where she doesn't need extra luckily I talked him out of it he has this boxer book that is about 20 years old so the information is a little off on boxer care it says to feed the puppy 5 times a day on it he says I haven't checked it, but I'm sure that's not good to do. She's a little puppy I don't want her to become so dependant on human food like pearly and his brown boxer junior they would not eat their food without some cheese or meat on it ah well I guess I know what I'm getting him for his birthday comming up a boxer book that was made more recently for him to read. =)

Thanks alot for the comments I found a shiba breeder and I'll probably get one sometime around summer or so, but I'm sure they'll get along together well I plan to take Bella to puppy kindergarten when I can take her to help her get better socialization with other dogs besides my mix catahoula dog she's too old for rough play right now and hopefully I can talk my dad to leting me take her to basic obediance too I taught pearly alot of commands, but I think it'd be good for Bella to do it anyways for extra training..
  • edited November -1
    I LOVE Boxers. We were going to get one...but sadly we have a Shiba snob and he HATES Boxers. UGGHHH...I think he knew we wanted one and only wanted Shibas in the house. I will tune into your pictures...because she is so cute!
  • edited November -1
    hehe. A face only a mother (and dog enthusiast) could love. :-)
  • edited November -1
    She is adorable! Still has the "conehead" too, how cute. :)

Jack doesn't have the common Boxer jumping problem, he prefers to greet you by doing midair kidney beans. He will jump when he's playing, though - I haven't discouraged that because it makes it more convenient to play tug with him, haha.
  • edited November -1
    Cute! She reminds me a lot of Cap'n Jack as well! :D ~
  • edited January 2009
    I checked out the Capten Jack he's such a cute boxer.

Today will be her third day living in her new home so far things are doing well she's been learning the come command and sit. House breaking is doing fine she had only one accident which was our fault so far no more accidents yet also yesterday was slightly warmer so we went on a nice little walk in our yard sadly today is pretty cold and it seems like it'll be cold for awhile so hopefully the weather gets better soon she loved walking.

She's getting better with biting hands and biting her bed she's not doing it as much and she's going for her toys instead also some reason she really likes it when I make owl noises she'll come to me and try to lick my face.

So far she doesn't jump up at me she does like to play tug of war and she does box a little, but only on the ground also my mom was nitting a scarf and bella tried to get the ball of yarn luckily she stoped when she was told no.

I'll take some more pictures of her later she seems to have a very nice personality both her mom and dad where pretty gentle and playful so I hope Bella learned a few things from her mommy.
  • edited November -1
    Aww! So cute! Love the wink. ;-)
  • edited November -1
    What a face! Love Boxer pups!
  • edited November -1
    OMG. Soooooo cute!!!
  • edited November -1
    The poor girl got a little sick today she threw up her food I think it's becaus my brother took her to work for an hour I'm sure he didn't mean it, but I told him not to intill she's older she's still young to be going places or it coul've been something comming, but the stress of new people probably made it come out I don't know..

She's been sleeping all day and she seems to be feeling a little better, but after this I'm putting my foot down it's to cold to be taking her outside for awhile she needs to be in our warm home. =(

I hope she gets better if not I'll have to take her to the vet and I'll be pretty mad if she ate something when he wasn't looking who knows what she could have found at homedepot.

I'll report how she's doing tomarrow I think it have to been the big ride and all the stress or whatever because she was fine before he took her to work before that stuff she was playing and was so exited for breakfast ah well I'll be keeping an eye on her I've been so worried I forgot to eat lunch and dinner.
  • edited November -1
    Puppies get upset tummies all the time. I would only start to worry if it persists beyond a day. But, I understand your concern. I hope she gets well soon!
  • edited November -1
    Just thought I'd ask how the little lady was doing? Tummy feeling better?
  • edited November -1
    Yeah her tummy is feeling better I think it was the stress of all the people at his work about 7 or 8 plus I don't know if he offered her water while he was there she slept most of the day I offered her water at where she was laying down and she drank which then she perked up.

Today she's a bundle of energy playing and getting into trouble, but she's starting to get the idea on going outside she's scratched and whined at the door 3 times in the past days. She's a little less mouthy on hands, but sometimes she does it when she gets excited which she stops when I offer her a toy.

I took her over to my grandfather's house last sunday she did well there played around with her toys and licked my grandfather and didn't bite so that's good.
  • edited November -1
    So glad to hear she's feeling better! Now More spam please! HAHAHA (No seriously......MORE!) :D
  • edited January 2009
    Here's some more pictures she really likes to cuddle when she's tired if I'm watching TV she'll sits at the couch to be let up and then she lays down on the side of me or if I'm laying down on my belly she'll fall asleep on my back. She used to not like the snow, but now she's getting used to it and plays in it.

She's turning out to be more my dog than my parent's since I've been taking care of her more sadly her food bowl got broken my dad droped it while cleaning so we'll have to get a new one also she's learn to sit and hopefully the next one will be come I'm looking for a puppy kindergarten class to put her in to help her out with learning some things and to socialize with other puppies.

Dinky our catahoula mix dog is doing well with Bella only a few times she growled, but that was because my brother or dad was holding her still I told them not to and so far no problems dinky allows bella to climb on her and play with her tail and if it gets too much she gets on the couch since the puppy can't jump up there just yet. I guess Bella should be happy she'll get a friend to play with soon.
  • edited November -1
    AWWWWWW!!!! SUPER CUTE!!!! Keep the spam coming!
  • edited November -1
    Boxer puppies are so frickin cute!!!!!
  • edited November -1
    He looks like he is made of marshmallow fluff!!!
  • edited November -1
    Awww! Love the spotty nose :) ~
  • edited February 2009
    More spam the snows finally gone and Bella thinks she's in a new world because since we got her there was snow on the ground so she's pretty wild running on the grass.

She really likes dinky our catahoula mix dog she always follows her around and tries to play, but poor dinky is getting old she starting to get cataracts poor girl. =\

Most of these pictures are from a walk yesterday and after that I introduced Bella to Spuds MacKenzie.
  • edited November -1
    Very cute. Looks like a nice day for a walk.
  • edited November -1
    Awwww <3
  • edited November -1
    Nicole: Love all the pictures of Bella. She is so cute! Looks like she is getting along well with Dinky --- the picture of them sleeping all cuddled up on the couch is adorable! I think that Bella will learn to respect Dinky, and what fun for an older dog to be rejuvenated by such a cute puppie!
  • edited November -1
    omg cute!
  • edited November -1
    She's such a cutie!
  • edited November -1
    OMG that is too much cuteness!!! I'll have to forward this to my boxer loving friend...just to tempt her into another!